Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any recomendations for good slideshow software?

• 27-02-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

About a year ago I wiped my laptop and installed Windows 7 on it. I liked the slideshow feature in the standard Photoviewer programme that would play all the photos and videos in a folder, fullscreen, sorted by date. It was great for showing photos to friends.

However after a hard drive failure I reinstalled Windows 7 again and somehow the slideshow part of Photoviewer is now missing lots of functionality and will no longer play videos. This isn't buggy software, I've just somehow ended up with a different version of the programme that's really crap... (I suspect this has something to do with the release of Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011).

Anyway no amount of searching for help on windows forums has solved this problem so I think it's time I tried to get some different software to do the job instead. Could anyone recommend a good programme that will play a slideshow of all photos and videos in a folder, sorted by date (preferably free)? I don't need to be able to construct presentations or make DVDs or anything else like that!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Proshow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Seconded for Proshow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Whats out there for mac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Google Picasa might do all you want - and it's free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I am sure there is something built in for Mac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mtshep73

mrboswell wrote: »
    Whats out there for mac?

This slideshow software works on both Mac and PC.

Here is the link to a review I wrote on LQ Graphics' Photo to Movie photo slideshow software. It also contains a sample slideshow I created with the software

http://www.great-family-photo-slideshows.com/best-slideshow-software.html

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WaterWolf

Okay, I had a look at a few of these but none of them was able to do what I wanted :(

Proshow is more of a presentation creation tool and doesn't really do what I want, I'm just looking for a programme that shows an ad-hoc slideshow based on the files in a folder.

Picasa almost does what I want but frustratingly the Picasa Photo Viewer programme doesn't play videos and the main Picasa programme can't sort my videos by date. If only they merged the two!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭relichd

Borderfox wrote: »
    I am sure there is something built in for Mac

It's called iPhoto. It can export slideshows as movie clips. Some of the themes are quite nice! Aperture isn't bad either but unlike iPhoto it doesn't come with your new Mac and costs much more than iPhoto if you need to upgrade to latest version. Well, Aperture is aimed at an advanced photographer and so it can do lots more than iPhoto, hence the price difference. But if you want to test run it, there's a 30-day trial version on Apple's website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

WaterWolf wrote: »
    Okay, I had a look at a few of these but none of them was able to do what I wanted :(

Picasa almost does what I want but frustratingly the Picasa Photo Viewer programme doesn't play videos and the main Picasa programme can't sort my videos by date. If only they merged the two!

Thought Picasa would do it :(

You might find something here :

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-digital-image-viewer.htm

Advertisement