Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie still waiting for cheque!

Options
  • 27-02-2011 11:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭

A pipe burst in my attic on christmas night,so i rang 123.ie who i am insured with and they sent out there assesor a few weeks later. I sent in all the quotes and invoices and they agreed a settlement of the final figure nearly a month ago.The cheque was to have been sent to me three weeks ago.

I am still waiting for my cheque, i rang them friday and they said the cheque was issued that day.i told them if i dont have it im going to a solicitor.

What i want to know is does it usually take this long to issue a cheque,and if i dont have it by this wednesday would it be worth while going to a solicitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

they'll probably just say they are backed up with all the frozen pipes claims after the christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I would expect a cheque to be issued within 10 days of a loss adjuster inspecting the damage and receiving all the paperwork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

barryd09 wrote: »
    they'll probably just say they are backed up with all the frozen pipes claims after the christmas?
    Nail on the head with that one. What i find funny is there is never a backlog when it comes to looking for renewal money.

Time to go to a solicitor!

Advertisement