Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC intermittent Wi-Fi disconnects

• 28-02-2011 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Over the past few days, I've been noticing some strange behavior with my UPC service. But I later found out that it's not just me experiencing this, but a hell of a lot of people I know with UPC. The problem affects the wireless and appears to be apathetic of the router used.

Basically, I keep getting kicked from the Wi-Fi, after which I won't be able to reconnect. This happens to me and many other people in at least two places, using two different models of router - a Cisco EPC2425 and a Netgear (unsure of model) - on Windows, Mac and Linux. One of these connections is a home line and another is a business line, both in Galway city. I initially thought this was a problem with my laptop's wireless card, since it happened with two different routers, but after seeing it happen on several other computers on the same network I knew something was up.

How on earth could two different models of router be experiencing the same behavior in the same time frame? I thought the connection to a router would be separate from the ISP connection. I've called UPC and done all the usual - changing channel, resetting the router, etc.

I've asked on Facebook and Twitter and am receiving responses that the same is happening to other people across the country. Is this affecting anyone on Boards?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement