Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie competitions and new posters

Options
  • 28-02-2011 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

I wanted to raise something that has been bothering me - I just had a look at the new ESB competition over at: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70905781#post70905781 and just like other competitions, there are loads of mysteriously new posters with a single or handful of posts - is there any safeguards against people opening multiple accounts to enter these random competitions? I just feel its unfair on actual members - would something like a minimum post count be fairer (e.g. you can only enter if you have 10 or more posts)? There is likely loads of behind scene stuff I know nothing about but just a thought!

Cheers

Advertisement