Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairdressing course

• 28-02-2011 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if carlow it has a hairdressing course i emailed the college and got no reply.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

nope try carlow college

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

Carlow College does.

http://www.carlowife.ie/

Details of the hairdressing course are on p.47 of the prospectus which you can download from the above link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Breakeven wrote: »
    Nope. The Institute of Technology only offers real courses in Business, Engineering, Social Studies, Law, and Computers.

Hairdressing! Pah!

I only see two real courses in your list there. (Hint: Engineering and Computers) The rest are just over-glamourized creches. And no, just cause the majority of a course is creating powerpoint presentations on a computer doesn't mean you are studying computers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Breakeven wrote: »
    Nope. The Institute of Technology only offers real courses in Business, Engineering, Social Studies, Law, and Computers.

Hairdressing! Pah!
    I only see two real courses in your list there. (Hint: Engineering and Computers) The rest are just over-glamourized creches. And no, just cause the majority of a course is creating powerpoint presentations on a computer doesn't mean you are studying computers!

Both Banned!
    Or is that only 1 Ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lenovo Boy

You should try a Business course instead, they're way more useful in terms of employability :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Mscck wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if carlow it has a hairdressing course i emailed the college and got no reply.
    patdshaker wrote: »
    nope try carlow college
    Carlow College does.

http://www.carlowife.ie/

Details of the hairdressing course are on p.47 of the prospectus which you can download from the above link.

Carlow College (was called St. Pats) do Humanities/Social Studies/Arts courses.

The Institute of Further Education - PLC on the Kilkenny Road do hairdressing courses.

Where did you email OP??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BJShea

How dare you! As someone on a Business degree here at the Institute I can guarantee you it is very much a "real" course as you put it! A sample of the workload I have this week includes: having to research on the internet and come up with an 800 word essay, a powerpoint presentation to be finished and delivered on Friday, two break even charts to be completed and printed off and thats just for this week! I'd like to see you trump that in whatever "real" course you are undertaking at the Institute. I guarantee you would be hard pressed.

This posters view is very familiar..... you're not currently banned under a different name are you?

Ms Happy wrote: »
    This posters view is very familiar..... you're not currently banned under a different name are you?

It would appear that user is banned.

BJShea wrote: »
    It would appear that user is banned.

There was a thread a few weeks back that centered around a minority of "students" who thought anything outside of Computing/Engineering was a waste of time etc etc. the thread was locked and a number of bans issued by the Mods after it decended into chaos.

The posters name with the "simialr" view seems to have the same kind of view and a very similar username!!

Anyway, back to the OP's topic. Hope they get sorted. There seems to be alot of confusion regarding IT Carlow and the Institute of Further Education, many applicants think they are the same!!

• Advertisement

There was a thread a few weeks back that centered around a minority of "students" who thought anything outside of Computing/Engineering was a waste of time etc etc. the thread was locked and a number of bans issued by the Mods after it decended into chaos.

The posters name with the "simialr" view seems to have the same kind of view and a very similar username!!

The Useless Courses thread? Surely a joke!

The Useless Courses thread? Surely a joke!

Apologies, going off topic again!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056182936

I've given that thread a glance alright. I'm a business student and proud. My course choice is just as much work as any other course offered by this Institute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ubtunu2011

I've given that thread a glance alright. I'm a business student and proud. My course choice is just as much work as any other course offered by this Institute.
    Absolutely, these engineers and computer guys think they're better just because they're more technical.

I'd like to see them do 1000 word essays on the marketability of a product or work in a focus group to test carbonated drinks. I don't think they'd do too well at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mscck

i found it thanks a mil :)

Advertisement