Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi :)

I have an interview for a new job which would involve me moving abroad. Im trying to do a bit of research on various countries in Europe but finding it hard to find the kind of infomation I want.
    I have a choice of which country in Europe I want to go to. I was wondering which of the following would be the cheapest to live in but also has a decent standard of living ; England, Scotland, Spain, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Malta, Norway or Portugal. Im 20 yrs old and will be moving away alone so safety is important aswell.
    So if you have any idea will u let me know

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Here is the UBS Prices and Earnings guide, it should help you get some idea of the cost of living and so on.

Apart from that an awful lot depends on your likes and dislikes:

Do you feel comfortable living your life through a foreign language, or is English a must. For instance in my case it means speaking/laughing/joking etc... in Swiss German all day, every day - that is not for everyone.

Germans have a very different attitude to live as compared to the more easy going Italians and so on. Which environment are you going to be happy with?

Money is one thing, but it is usually not the most important factor in the decision - culture shock and how you deal with it is the big one that will determine if you are going to make it or not!

Jim (Switzerland)

Advertisement