Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8202020 cabs taxi driver.

Options
  • 28-02-2011 6:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

4:20 AM. Ordered a taxi for my loved ones from 8 20 20 20 cabs last evening. Taxi arrived with car seat which one was not fitted in. When we could not fit that car seat our selves driver said just to take a baby on my wifes knees and put the belt across. But the funniest thing - meeter shows 16EUR already, cuz we need to pay for car seat pick-up and way down from taxi depot to our house (from D8 to D3). But the most shocking phrase I ever heard from anyone:

"I don't have FUC***G babies, I'm just a driver"

It's just totally wrong! Should not be like that particularly when we are customers paying for GREAT service so early in the morning!!!!!! Never got problems before with this company and the last driver (3 weeks ago) was very nice and he came with fitted car seat already. No one told us that we will need to spend more time with fitting in company car car seat before flight in early morning! In end of it my wife was holding our baby on her knees all way down to airport. We refused to pay for car seat but he charged my wife 5 eur to take the car seat back to depot! And when my wife asked for promised 25% off the trip he charged her 25 eur in total anyway.
    What is this all about? Why we need to pay for service what we can't use properly? Last time we wet to airport and with properly fitted car seat and 25% off the fare we paid 25eur. now we did need to pay the same money for very bad service. why this company's call center operators don't tell people that they need to be prepared in early morning to spend more time with fitting in car seats? This all is totally wrong and I as consumer am very disappointed in this cab company as well as in people they have employed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Have you complained to the company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lkz

Not yet. I emailed them. They told someone from company's complains desk will contact me during this day to rectify the matter. I'll wait till late afternoon just to see what they have to say and then depends of.. or you think I should report them immediately to taxi regulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why did your wife pay him, and why are you talking about this on an Internet forum when you should be contacting the management of the company? If the driver said the price would be one thing, then she should have either paid less, or nothing at all.

If you receive bad service, and still pay for it, then why would the service provider ever change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lkz

hahh! yeah! I was not expecting that the driver will be so nice to us. So early in the morning, when you still need a taxi to get on your flight in time you don't have much choices and time to run around with looking for other options.
    Why I'm talking here? Because I would like to share my experience with this company and let other people know what they may have to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

contact the taxi regulator, fees like the one for the car seat are illegal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But you haven't really dealt with them yet, you've dealt wih one poor driver. You've had no contact with management, and have no way to know if this is actually something that others will face, or what the management might do. Muddying their name because of one experience without giving them an opportunity to resolve the problem and make it better doesn't help anyone.

If management do nothing, then you should escellate your complaint to the regulator. Don't go straight to the regulator, as it is entirely possible that the management will resolve this themselves.

The point about paying them still stands. Why did she pay for poor service? On arrival at the airport, if the driver says that'll be €40, she should have just handed over €20, or whatever she felt was appropriate. Paying what is on the meter is not actually a requirement, you are free to negotiate with your driver. I hope she got a receipt for the fare too, as she may need this to prove what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

jor el wrote: »
    But you haven't really dealt with them yet, you've dealt wih one poor driver. You've had no contact with management, and have no way to know if this is actually something that others will face, or what the management might do. Muddying their name because of one experience without giving them an opportunity to resolve the problem and make it better doesn't help anyone.

If management do nothing, then you should escellate your complaint to the regulator. Don't go straight to the regulator, as it is entirely possible that the management will resolve this themselves.

The point about paying them still stands. Why did she pay for poor service? On arrival at the airport, if the driver says that'll be €40, she should have just handed over €20, or whatever she felt was appropriate. Paying what is on the meter is not actually a requirement, you are free to negotiate with your driver. I hope she got a receipt for the fare too, as she may need this to prove what happened.
    +1

I actually find the company to be rather helpful. IMO the best "taxi company" out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

On the issue of the fare - what time & day was the previous journey to the airport.

There are different fares depending on weekend / weeday & time of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Had my first and last experience with 8202020 cabs last weekend.
    Rang for one @ bout 23:00 to the dundrum area heading into town. B4 i even spoke i was told that the 20% discount was not vaild tonight.
    The operator said that it will be about 20 - 30 mins any longer they would ring. We rang back at 23:30 to be told were ''top of the list'' and again at 23:40 ''wont be much longer''.
    Thay rang to say that one was on the way at 24:30 at which point we had already pulled one and were in town.
    Do they really expect people to wait around 1 hour 30 mins for a cab :mad: to town and not offer a discount (the main reason we rang).

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I've used to them get to the airport a few times and on each occassion , I had to ask to have the discount applied.
    I shouldnt have to ask!!

Good bye 8202020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It seems this driver had no baby/booster seat and charged the op for a trip to the company's depot to collect the car seat then after the journey asked for a further €5 to drop the seat back to the depot? i would not be getting this shower again and i understand that when you are heading for a flight you cant really argue with a taxi driver and this is something this driver knew and used it to rip you off op.

Sounds more like the op got an unlicensed rent a wreck cowboy than a legitimate taxi from a well known company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

SooooBored wrote: »
    Had my first and last experience with 8202020 cabs last weekend.
    Rang for one @ bout 23:00 to the dundrum area heading into town. B4 i even spoke i was told that the 20% discount was not vaild tonight.
    The operator said that it will be about 20 - 30 mins any longer they would ring. We rang back at 23:30 to be told were ''top of the list'' and again at 23:40 ''wont be much longer''.
    Thay rang to say that one was on the way at 24:30 at which point we had already pulled one and were in town.
    Do they really expect people to wait around 1 hour 30 mins for a cab :mad: to town and not offer a discount (the main reason we rang).

Ordering a taxi? I thought you could pretty much walk out of any door in Dublin and trip over one outside! Sounds like the bad old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

jor el wrote: »

I don't think that is correct. The wording if I remember is they are not obliged to charge the full amount but you are obliged to pay it. So if the driver refuses to negotiate it may cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

BrianD wrote: »
    Ordering a taxi? I thought you could pretty much walk out of any door in Dublin and trip over one outside! Sounds like the bad old days!

Ah I live in the back of a big estate, was raining out so didn't want to walk out to the main road. So we thought ''lets ring that taxi crowd that have the ad offering 20% discount all day, every day no gimmicks or catches''. 2 fingers to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The OP should contact Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

discounts me arse ;) the amount of times ive taken people home from a taxi rank [near enough where they got dropped off ] and got the comment "oh thats cheaper than the taxi we got in and we got a 20% discount" .
    ok so a couple of red traffic lights and time of an evening/night will affect a metered fare. but id ask by how much ,and got answers ranging from €2 to neary €10 .
    just a little bit of info for yous using these soo called discount taxis .if the taxi is booked for lets say 8.00pm .now any decent driver will allow five to ten minutes [arrive for 8pm ,give till 8.08 then if passenger isnt showing then hit the meter ]
    then be in the car for that time [thats if it turns up before the time] if the meter is already on when you sit in the taxi then check what time the meter started at .[this can be had by a printed reciept ]as to the time the taxi was booked or you sat in it .
    "boiling the kettle"
    is common amongst some out there

Advertisement