Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help needed

• 28-02-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm installing a micro switch tap and submersible pump. Can any one point me in the direction of a good schematic or is it easy enough to explain the installation?
    Its going into a conversion so there are no existing wires in place and the water tank will be directly below the sink.
    Hope this info helps, fingers crossed someone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Quadsey

Bump!
    Could really do with help on this matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Just think of the micro-switch as the switch for the pump placed in the positive wire between the source (battery) and the pump.
    It is a good idea to fit an ordinary switch and fuse between the source and the micro-switch to protect the circuit and also isolate the pump if there should be a malfunction at some time.

Hope this helps

Its a good start, thanx for the reply. So what i'd like to do is tap into an existing wire in the rear of the van and take a feed off that. is this possible?
    I understand the basic principles of a circuit and am just confused as to the order in which to place my tap and pump along the feed. The tap has 2 wires coming out of it as does the pump so what goes where??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

connect into your chosen supply
    fit an inline fuse
    fit a regular 12v switch somewhere convenient to isolate the tap/pump when necessary
    connect into and back out of the tap
    connect to the +ve terminal of the pump
    connect the -ve terminal of the pump directly to earth.

see below

Thats great thanks, i appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement