Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invoice Charge - Direct Debit

Options
  • 28-02-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi

I want to find out what bank charges are applied by Eircom/Vodafone/Meteor/O2/Three/Banks when a direct debit is rejected.

I think the bank and the mobile company charge you separatly (or is the fee on the mobile invoice?) but how much?

I see on a meteor invoice a direct debit reject fee of €1.10 - the bank charge extra? I thought the fee was over €10 so surely the bank charge bank accounts separatly?

Can somebody confirm is the bank charges are the same for all mobile phone companies ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

You'll get charged €12.70 by the bank if it doesn't go through. (Conversion from £10 IRL)

Meteor will also charge their penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭disland

Thanks Kevin

Do you know the charges from other operators?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You don't want direct debits bouncing on your bank account, there a black mark if your trying to get a loan or anything like that.
    If you think you mighten have the money set the account up on cash so you can pay in the post office or bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭disland

Thanks Drunk Monkey.

I am just trying to figure out the differences between the operators.

From what I have learned so far vodafone do not add an additional fee onto what the bank charges

Meteor add €1.10

Three charge 4.50 each month if you dont pay by DD.

O2 do not charge anything extra other than what the bank charge

I think eircom charge 15 euro.
    If anybody can confirm above details i would appreciate it.

Advertisement