Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobbler / shoe repair

Options
  • 28-02-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for a shoe repair shop that is not in town!

Just wondering if anyone knows of a cobbler or shoe repair place that is not based in town?

Westside, Tesco shopping centre, Headford road would all be good.
    Thanks a mill.

:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Search this forum for 'cobbler'

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

hmmm,
    Thanks for that, am I missing something though as I didn't see too much - bar the guy in Shantalla from 3 years ago....!!

Would you mind posting the link that you saw with the details?

Thanks a mill..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The guy in Shantalla is still open got heels fitted last week. He is good

Oh, the Shantalla guy would be great!

Thanks for that one and thanks too for the links :)

• Advertisement

Storm 10 wrote: »
    The guy in Shantalla is still open got heels fitted last week. He is good

Oh, are these the right directions.....

Well he was still there when I lived around the corner a year and a half ago. Go straight up Shantalla road, past Cookes shop. Take the first right and he's half way along there in a tiny wee shed at the top of Willow Park. Don't think he's open on Mondays, and he closes for lunch. That guy kept my shoes from falling apart for 2 year, god bless him. (I am a destroyer of shoes)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

carmex21 wrote: »
    Oh, are these the right directions.....

Well he was still there when I lived around the corner a year and a half ago. Go straight up Shantalla road, past Cookes shop. Take the first right and he's half way along there in a tiny wee shed at the top of Willow Park. Don't think he's open on Mondays, and he closes for lunch. That guy kept my shoes from falling apart for 2 year, god bless him. (I am a destroyer of shoes)

Thanks

They Are

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

There is a shoe repair shop in old Mervue, on the same block as Post Office, Butcher and Betting Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... and another one (James Heffernan, I think he's called) in Sea Rd, opposite the Jes church.

Both these people(*) have hearing and speech impairments, so if you want anything complex done write them a note explaining it.

(*) I'm assuming that Mervue guy is still the same one that was there the last time this came up on boards. I'm sure that Sea-Rd-guy, is 'cos Mr justMary got him to fix something just the other week. But the man's son sometimes works in the shop sometimes, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭wosheen

+1 for Heffernan's on Sea Road, he fixed a pair of boots for me 2 weeks ago, thought they were irrepairable (hmmm is that a word?). Sound man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

JustMary wrote: »
    ... and another one (James Heffernan, I think he's called) in Sea Rd, opposite the Jes church.

Both these people(*) have hearing and speech impairments, so if you want anything complex done write them a note explaining it.

Yup my missus uses Heffernans for all her shoe/boot repairs and heelings. They are very good and not too expensive either.

Don't let the hearing issue put you off either as they are well used to dealing with the public and getting around it.

Thanks for those. My mum had mentioed the Sea Road guy as well so may just take the extra hike ( I am not totally lazy but have a broken toe!) and head there.

Advertisement