Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASE Moderators

Options
  • 28-02-2011 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I recently came across some money ;)
    I am wondering what are the current prices around the midlands area for ASE moderators?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dev110 wrote: »
    I recently came across some money ;)
    I am wondering what are the current prices around the midlands area for ASE moderators?

What is your budget?
    ASE Are pricey

Reflex you'd get new for ~€240ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I have €200 already and will prob put another €100 to it

Duffy's in Galway is €380 for a ASE Utra Jet Z compact. Good or Bad?

I have €200 already and will prob put another €100 to it

The long reflex one I had you'd get for that.

I would not blow all your Birthday money on a Mod though.
    Your rifle is quite light and all the expensive Mod are short and light.

Happy Birthday by the way!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=149852&d=1298895776

The long reflex one I had you'd get for that.

I would not blow all your Birthday money on a Mod though.
    Your rifle is quite light and all the expensive Mod are short and light.

Happy Birthday by the way!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=149852&d=1298895776

Duffy's have moderators from €250 up to €380.

I like the ASE mods cause they are compact and light.
    Do you know what price McBride is for mods?

Thanks Tack :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

I saw the new Roedale mod in Edi's place in Kinsale (username ejg on here). VERY very light, small enough, and he seemed impressed with noise reduction. Worth contacting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Minky 123

Get the mod off a gunsmith called fergal white in athlone. He has a ase northstar mod for €290. Stay away for mc br1de if ya can.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i have a jetz compact, nice mod but a bit heavy, what are you lookin for in a mod, sound suppression, long lasting life, light weight, small? take your pick out of these because you can't have them all,
    where abouts in offaly are you, if your on the tipp side of it i'd be willing to meet up this evening so you can have a look at mine, is your rifle threaded already aswell and if so what thread

ormondprop wrote: »
    i have a jetz compact, nice mod but a bit heavy, what are you lookin for in a mod, sound suppression, long lasting life, light weight, small? take your pick out of these because you can't have them all,
    where abouts in offaly are you, if your on the tipp side of it i'd be willing to meet up this evening so you can have a look at mine, is your rifle threaded already aswell and if so what thread

I'm in Galway all week. And every week as I'm in college here. Thank for the offer though. I want sound suppression, good life and small.

I'm in Galway all week. And every week as I'm in college here. Thank for the offer though. I want sound suppression, good life and small.

ASE S5 is the Silver one I have; but it is the Dearest ASE :eek:

Roedale seem to tick more boxes than ASE do.
    However, I can testify that the ASE S5 will last and last, and as it is stainless rust is not an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i'd think strongly about the ase compacts so as they are small and i think it was belowaverageiq that reckoned it was a bit better at reducing sound than the roedales, but the roedales are a lot lighter and strippable, another downside of the jetz compact is its an all welded steel mod so cant be cleaned but they are built a lot better than the t4's and t8's so arent as prone to rust, so i'm told
    they are also a lot dearer though at around 400, i had bought a northstar which are 100 euro cheaper and made of stainless steel but they are bigger and heavier, and when it came in it had the wrong thread and i'd have to wait another week or 2 for another to come in so i said feck it i'll splash out for the compact as he had one there, and i dont regret it 1 bit, great sound reduction and as i chopped my barrel when getting it threaded i haven't noticed much of a differance in the handling of the rifle
    if you ever want to check it out pm me and i'll show it to and let you use it

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

dos29 wrote: »
    I saw the new Roedale mod in Edi's place in Kinsale (username ejg on here). VERY very light, small enough, and he seemed impressed with noise reduction. Worth contacting him.

changed my ASE for a roeedale this year ,big difference in weight and handling ,you wouldnt even know it was on the rifle ...got it of Edi on here
    would recomend it

ian

I'm after picking up an ASE jet-z compact .30 cal.
    Looking forward to trying it out when I get home on Friday.
    Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement