Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Innes composts

Options
  • 28-02-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

It's about planting time now, so I thought this should be known. John Innes Composts no. 1-3 all contain hoof and horn meal, but the rest of their mixtures are fine. That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Ah crap I accidentally swallowed a massive mouthful of number 3 the other day, bloody compost machine at work chucked a bag back in my face. Thanks for telling me though, I'll make sure not to buy it for my plants outside of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

Thank you for this information!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

NecroSteve wrote: »
    It's about planting time now, so I thought this should be known. John Innes Composts no. 1-3 all contain hoof and horn meal, but the rest of their mixtures are fine. That is all.

Is this a wind up? It must be, LMAO. If your going to such extremes with compost how can you gurrantee all the veg you eat wasn't grown with the aid of animal by-products?

Advertisement