Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Manchester United (Tuesday 1st March K.O 19.45 SS2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Call me bitter, but I am disgusted. Before the peno, Chelsea didn't look like scoring a second. Luiz should have been sent off at 1-1. Essien was non-existant, as was Lampard. Torres quiet, Malouda quiet.
    Smalling needs to stop trying to play 50yrd balls it doesn't work kid, keep it simple.
    Vidic was stupid getting sent off, Evans and Smalling at Anfield? Please.....
    Evra caught ball watching for the Luiz goal, Nani not bothering to track back.
    Fletcher was poor.
    But credit where credit is due, that was some finish by Luiz....pr1ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dfx- wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll hear the same "sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't" reaction from Utd fans as you do when it goes for them.

give me 3 decisions united have got in the last 2 seasons that they shouldnt have and ill give you 12 the opposite way. united get screwed over, alot more than they get, but the noise is made 10 times more when they get the decisions.

thats 3 games in a row that chelsea have won late on, due to poor officiating. 4 if you include the late ballack penalty in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Mister men wrote: »
    I thought the referees performance was extremely refreshing.:D

you fkn would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Hypocrite?

Says the man judging mussiet earlier and then had his own we outburst later on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****. The positive to take from this is that Arsenal are the only team chasing us and they just don't have the bottle to win the league, that, and Van Persie is out for a month so whilst this is a tough loss to take, the league still needs to be won and we must look to Liverpool on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

nuxxx wrote: »
    Fletcher and carrick are absolute rubbish to be fair
    Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

beertons wrote: »
    Questions need to be raised about the ref. Very poor IMO

No there wont . . Poor ref performances only matter when they favour United . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

F*cking Russian paedo

emmmm........................... wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hello, Hello - Chelsea are back, Chelsea are back!

Thats the old Chelsea back, if we can repeat that performance I'll be happy

Luiz is already a legend, just needs to learn a bit or Terry learn a bit of Spanish

For Utd, its squeeky bum time, although I still think they will do it. Apart from a spell in the first half, i thought it was an average performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

nuxxx wrote: »
    Fletcher and carrick are absolute rubbish to be fair

Nothing new there

• Advertisement

smallest-violin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

What goes around comes around,eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I love the hilarity of United fans complaining about the ref when their only goal scorer should really have received a straight red in the previous game and therefore have been suspended for both this and the next game, but he escaped thanks to poor refereeing.

But in that case it was just one that went in their favour.

All I can say is, justice is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Brilliant Brilliant match - and well deserved win for Chelsea! Great performance from front to back, and boy what a signing we have there in Luiz! Happy happy woman!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Says the man judging mussiet earlier and then had his own we outburst later on....

About what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

dfx- wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll hear the same "sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't" reaction from Utd fans as you do when it goes for them.

I wonder if we will get awknowledged the next time we say it when we get a dodgy decision !

Im betting we will have to listen to "typical united owning the refs" or something of that sort . .

About what?

Remind us what you called Yuri again please? No actually don't it was disgusting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"He absolutely smashes it in"

Jamie's getting fired tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well that was a bag of ****.

Still a 4 points ahead of Arsenal, 10 ahead of City and 12 off Chelsea.

How many off Chelsea?

12?? Would have taken that at the start of the season.

• Advertisement

give me 3 decisions united have got in the last 2 seasons that they shouldnt have and ill give you 12 the opposite way. united get screwed over, alot more than they get, but the noise is made 10 times more when they get the decisions.

thats 3 games in a row that chelsea have won late on, due to poor officiating. 4 if you include the late ballack penalty in 2008.

Tinfoil hat stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Feels sh1t does'nt it :D

How many off Chelsea?

12?? Would have taken that at the start of the season.

Man U are 12 points of Chelsea..... i wish :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

BERBA pool fan for a day on sunday

Pool be well up for that now:D

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

We're Man. United and we do what we wa.......oh wait.:D

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot about Drogba getting kung fu kicked by Evans which was a stone wall penalty and Drogba was the one who got booked! Funny you only seem to remember the decisions that went against you isn't it. United did play very well at the Bridge last season though.

Looks like we got one back anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

up to my neck in study, genuinely interested in how torres got on??
    did he play? did he skin vidic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

smallest-violin.jpg

Now now, don't be messing you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Memnoch wrote: »
    I love the hilarity of United fans complaining about the ref when their only goal scorer should really have received a straight red in the previous game and therefore have been suspended for both this and the next game, but he escaped thanks to poor refereeing.

But in that case it was just one that went in their favour.

All I can say is, justice is beautiful.

Many United fans have acknowledged Rooney should not have been eligible to play tonight. How does sh*t refereeing tonight amount to justice for sh*t refereeing at the weekend?

What your last line should read is 'injustice is beautiful'.

TheBig_Sam via Twitter
    Martin Atkinson. You silly boy. You could have had it all. You could have been sleeping on a bed of jewels with Clattenburg tonight. So sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What is the name of the trophy that Chelsea won tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Evans is still injured as far as I know so you are probably looking at JOS and Smalling.

Also I don't know why so many are singling out Carrick. I though he did ok, played quite well in the first half, less in the second but not as bad as I've seen him.

As I said earlier, Chelsea simply out muscled United in the second half. United just didnt have it in midfield to hold possession and resist the onslaught.

Evra was awful for the first goal but it was a great strike.

Also having watched the replay it looks more a peno than not.

Fletcher was possibly Uniteds worst player tonight. The midfield again probably costs us when it really matters. We can get away with it a lot, but I'm still astonished we are top of the league.

Also vidic was a fool at the end, particularly with the game at the weekend.

Not only did you lose, you feel robbed and lost Vidic.

It's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

jebidiah wrote: »

Back to his usual against Vidic. Didn't get a sniff. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jebidiah wrote: »

he played the 90mins but was poor again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Chelsea made Stoke look like saints, Luiz and Ivanovic got away with way too many ridiculous fouls, Terrys handball should have been a penalty and yet rival fans will still cry that we get all the decisions :rolleyes:

Apart from all that it was a very open match and probably deserved a 1-1 scoreline. Both teams attacked the game which was refreshing after some poor games against City and Liverpool.

Can't really begrudge Chelsea the win, they played some good football but I think everyone will agree the referee was absolutely ridiculous.

We will now need to pick ourselves up and get a tricky win at anfield or we could be in some real trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The best thing is Vidic is out too for Sunday. If Utd win that the League is over, if they lose, the League is on. Only thing is Arsenal are missing key players now and Chelsea look too far back but at least it keeps the League interesting.

curry-muff wrote: »
    Chelsea made Stoke look like saints, Luiz and Ivanovic got away with way too many ridiculous fouls, Terrys handball should have been a penalty and yet rival fans will still cry that we get all the decisions :rolleyes:

Apart from all that it was a very open match and probably deserved a 1-1 scoreline. Both teams attacked the game which was refreshing after some poor games against City and Liverpool.

Can't really begrudge Chelsea the win, they played some good football but I think everyone will agree the referee was absolutely ridiculous.

We will now need to pick ourselves up and get a tricky win at anfield or we could be in some real trouble.

The ref had a good game, ok he missed a few things like Rooney diving in the box but all in all he done alright.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Lads please stop justifying Rooney's goal by using the letter of the law.

Quite frankly I hope Chelsea equalise, then Gary Neville runs out on to the pitch and throws the ball into the goal to give us a stoppage time winner. I fúcking love controversial wins, shows our finances are in order and the refs are getting their subs. Wouldn't have it any other way.

seinfeld.gif

Is it just me or does fergie look like he was crying?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

fergie crying on sky now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

This is bordering on embarrassing from some of the United fans posting here. Hypocrisy of the highest order, and pure unadulterated bitterness.

Throwing all the same lines that ye relentlessly dismiss when things go your way, is funny to read tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

It's just been too long since we've seen one of these poor mouth Fergie interviews......more please :D

BERBA wrote: »
    fergie crying on sky now:D

Moaning about the ref, good man Fergie

Wow, Ferguson being a bit of a hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Jeff shreaves (SP) treating Fergie with kidgloves, bender, be a proper journalist and try and get a decent soundbite or reaction from him not spoonfeed him.

9 years and still counting, I think they call it

_51468494_guard2005.jpg

10 May, 2005: Manchester United form a guard of honour for champions Chelsea at Old Trafford before going on to lose 3-1 to a side completely invigorated by new Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

well done chelsea, pains me to say it as i don't think it was a totally fair result. But these things happen.

Nothings won til may and we'll be in the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How come Taggart insists Luiz should have been sent off (which he should have!) and then becomes Wenger regarding Vidic incident.

Think he might be in trouble for 'he referees every week' comment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mister men wrote: »
    seinfeld.gif

Bravo, I was really proved wrong when my prediction of Gery Neville throwing the ball into the net in stoppage time blew up in my face! Boy oh boy how do I face up to that one!

Also, Seinfeld was shít!

Advertisement