Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Manchester United (Tuesday 1st March K.O 19.45 SS2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I love Chelsea :D

My thoughts, fully deserved to the game, we we're the better team on balance over 90 mins, David Luiz is immense, Ramieres is yutning into a good midfielder, Torres movement is great, Drogba's cameo was great, what a beat.

CAREFREE.

Love for all you Chelsea fans out there and now im backing out of this thread, after a fewd rinks, dont wanna say anything to biased ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

He had him rattled since he walked out the tunnel sure, clearly you don't understand the word 'psychological'.

That is a load of nonsense. Vidic played well but like all defenders is susceptible to red cards given how easily players get booked in modern football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

He had him rattled since he walked out the tunnel sure, clearly you don't understand the word 'psychological'.

no he didnt. stop talking such utter garbage

what set vidic off was a soft penalty followed by chelski fuking around with the ball in the bottom corner of the pitch for 6 minutes. you could see with the push on ramires that this was setting him off.
    it wasnt the "psychological effect of playing against fernando torres".

i state again the need for a license to enable you use and express your opinion on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

One good game against Vidic??? Take off the spectacles son, this one's as clear cut as they get. Have yet to see Vidic handle Torres when he's played halfway decent.

Don't call me son, thank you very much. Only people I like are allowed to call me son.:pac:
    Vidic had Torres in his pocket the last time they played iirc. The 4-1 game is the only time Torres has played excellently against Vidic, and even at the it as only one sprint. Certainly nothing to effect Vidic mentally, which sounds like some ball of shít, tbh.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Love this picture

_51481401_lampard_goal.jpg

I hope it keeps you warm when it comes to handing out trophies in May. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I already explained the error in my post previously, but I can assure you it was nothing to do with understanding the word psychological.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

David Luiz is not immense, not yet. How can you deserve to be red carded for a stupid challenge and be immense. Not to mention the time Hernandez sidestepped him and the time he jumped in on Nani and was left for dead.

Looks a very exciting player, great on the ball and has amazing hair but looks naive defensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

That is a load of nonsense. Vidic played well but like all defenders is susceptible to red cards given how easily players get booked in modern football.

Yeah, especially when Torres is playing for some reason:confused:
    Jazzy wrote: »
    no he didnt. stop talking such utter garbage

what set vidic off was a soft penalty followed by chelski fuking around with the ball in the bottom corner of the pitch for 6 minutes. you could see with the push on ramires that this was setting him off.
    it wasnt the "psychological effect of playing against fernando torres".

i state again the need for a license to enable you use and express your opinion on the internet

What set Vidic off was seeing Torres in the Chelsea line-up.
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Don't call me son, thank you very much. Only people I like are allowed to call me son.:pac:
    Vidic had Torres in his pocket the last time they played iirc. The 4-1 game is the only time Torres has played excellently against Vidic, and even at the it as only one sprint. Certainly nothing to effect Vidic mentally, which sounds like some ball of shít, tbh.:pac:

Well, whatever people say here, and it is clear I will be very much in the minority with my argument considering how many United supporters there are, but so much has been made of the Torres-Vidic battle even in the run up to this match, so I think it's fair to say there is something more going on then your red-tinted spectacles allow you to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I hope it keeps you warm when it comes to handing out trophies in May. :)

Well, I get all hot when I look at this one!

_47857746_bus_reuters.jpg

oh and this one

_47857748_terry_getty.jpg

• Advertisement

What set Vidic off was seeing Torres in the Chelsea line-up.

ok. you are just crap at football opinions. i know it sounds like a weird thing to be crap at but I honestly believe that people can be crap at anything and everything

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    David Luiz is not immense, not yet. How can you deserve to be red carded for a stupid challenge and be immense. Not to mention the time Hernandez sidestepped him and the time he jumped in on Nani and was left for dead.

Looks a very exciting player, great on the ball and has amazing hair but looks naive defensively.

Clearly haven't seen him play for Benfica. By your post it's sounds as if it was his debut tonight! And I don't think he commanded the fee he did if he's a naive defender tbf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is that popstar Usher on the bus??? Didn't know he was a Chelsea fan...

Jazzy wrote: »
    ok. you are just crap at football opinions. i know it sounds like a weird thing to be crap at but I honestly believe that people can be crap at anything and everything

Like grammar for instance??:pac:

Like grammar for instance??:pac:

I use correct grammar when needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wow, Ferguson being a bit of a hypocrite.

When is he not???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Well, I get all hot when I look at this one!

Well if we're going to do nostalgia.....

article-0-015658C100000578-934_468x428.jpg

EMP-5987746.jpg

:D

Clearly haven't seen him play for Benfica.

Correct grammer you say....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

sometimes

When he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

One good game against Vidic??? Take off the spectacles son, this one's as clear cut as they get. Have yet to see Vidic handle Torres when he's played halfway decent.

You know what difference there would have been had Torres not played today? Nothing.

You would swear Vidic wouldn't have given that second yellow away with Chelsea players running the ball into the corner for six minutes because Torres's magical presence didnt goad him into it....

I'm sure, with Torres standing around doing SFA and Chelsea players running the ball into the corner as time expired Vidic looked and said to himself "hey, there's Torres, I think i'll foul Drogba and then Ramires and get sent off because Torres is getting to me"

• Advertisement

Well, whatever people say here, and it is clear I will be very much in the minority with my argument considering how many United supporters there are, but so much has been made of the Torres-Vidic battle even in the run up to this match, so I think it's fair to say there is something more going on then your red-tinted spectacles allow you to see.

Please stop saying I have tinted spectacles, because I haven't posted anything biased in this thread as far as I can tell.
    No there isn't, which you also been told by a Liverpool supporter.:pac:
    The media hype up this bullshít to an unreal level because it's what they do, and you've obviously been brainwashed by it.
    Please give me an example of Torres making bits of Vidic other than the goal in the 4-1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Nani just tweeted this.... ;)

chelseashirt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Something i noticed was how Torres had Vidic rattled. Must be some psychological reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

LOL, good response! Damm that cheap russian grass!

Hope the wembly stuff is better! :D

sure the only reason Boggles isnt posting any more is because I psychologically rattled him! :pac:

psychological rattlings for all I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Something i noticed was how Torres had Vidic rattled. Must be some psychological reason.

GraemeSouness_1369598c.jpg

RAPE, I TELL THEE!

Please stop saying I have tinted spectacles, because I haven't posted anything biased in this thread as far as I can tell.
    No there isn't, which you also been told by a Liverpool supporter.:pac:
    The media hype up this bullshít to an unreal level because it's what they do, and you've obviously been brainwashed by it.
    Please give me an example of Torres making bits of Vidic other than the goal in the 4-1 game.
    Try every time he's played against him in the past 3 years, apart from maybe last season when he was ravaged by injuries.
    Brainwashed?? Good lad, won't even dignify that with a response. Anyways, I'm off to bed, long day tomorrow, plenty of United fans to meet...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

great game tonight,united were really good in the first half,chelsea raised their game big time second half.
    2 decisions that shaped the game

luiz not getting a 2nd yellow & the (wrong) penalty decision.

swings and roundabouts though,i remember us getting a soft(er) penalty at home to liverpool.
    best united away display all season,not worried whatsoever.
    arsenal still have to win that game in hand,lets see how that goes.

article-0-015658C100000578-934_468x428.jpg

EMP-5987746.jpg

hahaha good man, i was going to post that if you didn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Alex-Ferguson-001.jpg

He's gone and done it again. Good man Fergie.

Will ye ever learn?

• Advertisement

Try every time he's played against him in the past 3 years, apart from maybe last season when he was ravaged by injuries.
    Brainwashed?? Good lad, won't even dignify that with a response. Anyways, I'm off to bed, long day tomorrow, plenty of United fans to meet...:pac:

Such an easy(and wrong) answer, I did ask for an example.

Because you know I'm right?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

plenty of United fans to meet...:pac:
    OMG they'll be so jealous of you OMG

Wow. Imagine the amount of Wrigley's Extra Sir Alex will have to buy to get the taste of his own medicine out of his mouth. He'll have to NOT sign anymore 7m orphan flops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wow. Imagine the amount of Wrigley's Extra Sir Alex will have to buy to get the taste of his own medicine out of his mouth. He'll have to NOT sign anymore 7m orphan flops.

You using the same to get the bitterness out of your mouth?

bahahaha,taste of what medicine exactly is this youre on about??
    2 league defeats all season,still 4 points clear,still in the fa cup,still in the champions league.
    yes,he'll be so bitter about that.
    walk on troll,with hope in your heart.

OH, cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

a bit of a **** comment tbh. flop would have been enough....

eng-cains-finest-bitter.jpg

Drink up everybody

jaykay74 wrote: »
    a bit of a **** comment tbh. flop would have been enough....

Fair enough. I just didn't want to get mixed up with the Hernandez. I take it back.

barryd09 wrote: »
    bahahaha,taste of what medicine exactly is this youre on about??

Fergie saying the ref was blind to the fouls basically, considering the "peoples elbow" we all saw.

• Advertisement

id imagine fergie is a wrigleys juicy fruits man anyhow myself.

Are you talking about Bébé or Chico?
    Because Bébé didn't play and Chico has been anything but a flop.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What a classy comment.

I didn't want people thinking I was calling Hernandez a flop, of course he's not.

Fergie saying the ref was blind to the fouls basically, considering the "peoples elbow" we all saw.

the letter of the law was applied on saturday against wigan,clattenburg dealt with the situation there and then,atkinson dealt with **** all.

I didn't want people thinking I was calling Hernandez a flop, of course he's not.

But why bring Bébé into it at all?
    It makes zero sense, like.

• Advertisement

Haha, people need to stop getting hung up on the orphan comment, it was for identification purposes, I'm sure he's a lovely fella.

Gaybitch wrote: »

Childish I know but it's late. :D

But why bring Bébé into it at all?
    It makes zero sense, like.

bitter id imagine.

on another note,carrick tonight??

thought it was one of his better preformances in the last while.

Haha, people need to stop getting hung up on the orphan comment, it was for identification purposes, I'm sure he's a lovely fella.

There's plenty of better ways to phrase it.
    Portugese, lanky, flops called Bébé.

barryd09 wrote: »
    bitter id imagine.

on another note,carrick tonight??

thought it was one of his better preformances in the last while.

From what I saw of the game he didn't look great, but he may have played well in the first 70 minutes or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement