Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Manchester United (Tuesday 1st March K.O 19.45 SS2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm a United fan and I'd say that what Rooney did on saturday was thuggish, I don't think he's a proper full on thug.
    I know he's had his moments but he's a far way from the likes of Joey Barton and John Terry.

And Gerrard. Don't forget Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Expecting a tight match,low scoring..

A draw and a win next 2 matches,any way will do for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Feeling a United win Tuesday and at the weekend.

I'm sure the manager and players know that two wins this week would effectively seal the title.

Too much at stake for players not to perform .

And as shocking as it might be to say, I feel Chelsea ar emoving the ball way too slow moving forward these days, something the United back four will deal with effectively, also gives Carrick time to adjust sinc eit takes him atleast 2 minutes to grasp whats happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

1-1 or 2-1 the Chelsea players will be dying to prove a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sh1t game as most top 4 clashes. 0-0 borefest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

2-0 Chelsea

And Gerrard. Don't forget Gerrard.

:confused:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :confused:

Yup. Up in court over assault, several off the ball challenges and add a few two footed lunges into the mix aswell and you'll find that Wayne Rooney has nothing on the guy.

Yup. Up in court over assault, several off the ball challenges and add a few two footed lunges into the mix aswell and you'll find that Wayne Rooney has nothing on the guy.

Ok :confused:

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ok :confused:

Yalright?

Ya seem a bit confused.

Yalright?

Ya seem a bit confused.

lol, I think I am.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How come there wasnt as much of a fuss made when the real thug and king of the elbows did his thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhmUbHbW2o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XzCFb9bG-g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ML3eseP4M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thread Title: Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Does Steven Gerrard relating to either of those teams or the match? Not in the ****ing slightest. Honestly, who the **** cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

PHB wrote: »

Does Steven Gerrard relating to either of those teams or the match? Not in the ****ing slightest. Honestly, who the **** cares.

F U C K O F F

PHB wrote: »

Jesus. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

The point was being made that Rooney isn't as much of a thug as others ie. Gerrard, yet he's seen to be and opposition fans forget about their own players before condemning him.

Chillax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Still has nothing to do with this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thread looks like being an absolute classic.

trainwreck2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I agree, it has nothing to do with this match, but it doesn't mean PHB's post wasn't a bit over zealous. If anything this discussion should be in the Wigan match thread, where it has been already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

What did rooney do? Does it involve grannies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

MUSEIST wrote: »

It always involves grannies with Rooney. The reason he elbowed McCarthy in the face on Saturday was because McCarthy's granny is dead so he couldn't get anything off her. Clattenberg had to give Rooney a hug after this to console him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Warper wrote: »
    It always involves grannies with Rooney. The reason he elbowed McCarthy in the face on Saturday was because McCarthy's granny is dead so he couldn't get anything off her. Clattenberg had to give Rooney a hug after this to console him.

And Warper drank a big ol' 2 litre bottle of Club Lemon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

0-0 or 1-1 IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sad state of affairs when my earlier posts aren't the worst in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

After the start to this thread rooney is destined to single handedly win the match himself:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Hoping for a win for Chelsea but I would take a draw either. Hopefully Chelsea are fired up for this one anyway. A fairytale story would suggest that Torres gets off the mark for his new club, so Im going for a 2-1 Chelsea with Torres as first goalscorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Anyone know if Giggs will start this game?

F U C K O F F

Classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

draw b nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

BERBA wrote: »
    draw b nice:D

Would you not prefer a United win to help Spurs' fight for 4th?

baz2009 wrote: »

Don't draw him out..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

baz2009 wrote: »

complete catch 22 for me, your correct though i would prefer a utd win but i find it hard bringing myself to say it;) ,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

really hope Chelsea can win this one and I would be delighted to see Torres get off the mark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BERBA wrote: »
    complete catch 22 for me, your correct though i would prefer a utd win but i find it hard bringing myself to say it;) ,

Just think of the extra money 4th could get you.

BTW Why am I being served university of liverpool ads, Typical soccer forum bias.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

For the craic I really hope Rooney scores a hat trick any type of united win would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Here is a reconstruction of the Chelsea intern shooting incident.

Seems to me somebody plays a bit too much GTA and thought he was on a "Kill Frenzy" mission. Shoot as many interns as u can in a minute. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont see utd getting a result tonight

1-0 Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Headshot wrote: »

1-0 Chelsea

Yeah same boat :(

Dreading this match. 1-0 Chelsea with a Torres goal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Given the fact that Rooney got away with assault and Cole got away with shooting someone, I can see a 0-0 with 3 failed assasination attempts, 2 decapitations and 4 attempted rapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Headshot wrote: »

1-0 Chelsea

That would be ideal for Arsenal, although I'm sure we'd just feck it up by losing at home to Sunderland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

L'prof wrote: »
    That would be ideal for Arsenal, although I'm sure we'd just feck it up by losing at home to Sunderland!

heres hoping! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

kryogen wrote: »
    heres hoping! :)

Yeah, I'm not going to get my hopes up, but we do have a nicer run-in. Hope the match tonight isn't as dull as I'm anticipating, they tend to be though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

think it will be 2-0 but the old guard will come up triumphant for chelsea.

Terry to get the frist and Drogs to get second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

0-0.

VDS, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney.

We are due a slice of luck against Chelsea, lost to them twice controversially and lost the league by one point. Drogba's offside goal at Old Trafford last season, and the debatable free against Fletcher which lead to Chelsea's goal at Stamford Bridge where Brown was possibly fouled as Terry scored, and Drogba possibly interfering with play....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Rooney10 wrote: »
    0-0.

VDS, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney.

We are due a slice of luck against Chelsea, lost to them twice controversially and lost the league by one point. Drogba's offside goal at Old Trafford last season, and the debatable free against Fletcher which lead to Chelsea's goal at Stamford Bridge where Brown was possibly fouled as Terry scored, and Drogba possibly interfering with play....

Fair enough the game at the bridge we got a bit luck, but don't forget at Old Trafford both teams got a bit of luck tbh. Anelka should have had penalty and Park possibly should have too, Drogba's goal was offside but Macheda's was a blatent handball, it evened itself out in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

0-0.

Heard it all now, Utd are due a slice of luck alright. If they get any more luck Fergie will expose himself as a Leprechaun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Warper wrote: »
    Heard it all now, Utd are due a slice of luck alright. If they get any more luck Fergie will expose himself as a Leprechaun.

Don't be silly. There is no such thing as Leprechauns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Utd due a slice of luck?? Ah come on now, humour forum is
    > that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

Last 5 seasons at Stamford Bridge
    2010 Chelsea 1–0 Man Utd 6 yellows
    2009 Chelsea 1–1 Man Utd 8 yellows
    2008 Chelsea 2–1 Man Utd 7 yellows
    2007 Chelsea 0–0 Man Utd 7 yellows
    2006 Chelsea 3–0 Man Utd 6 yellows
    Average Chelsea 1–0 Man Utd 7 yellows
    Average goals 1.8
    Advice based on these statistics therefore is to bet under 2.5 and certainly over on a card index.
    Interesting stats for this season that go against each other are that Chelsea are joint top for clean sheets but Manchester United have only failed to score in three games.
    Advice based on not stats say that this will be a boring, dour game. The main point of interest will be how Vidic fares against his nemesis Torres. Torres has the indian sign over Vidic from his Liverpool days but has achieved nothing of note in the blue of Chelsea. If I had to put my house on a correct outcome I would back United +0.5. If this were Manchester City I would expect them to play negatively, but with Chelsea, I don’t know what Ancelotti will ask his troops to do, but if they come out and attack, Ferguson will have his side ready to counter. Most likely goalscorers, but not that likely are Torres or Chicarito.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

0-0.

umm, selectivly forgetting machedas handball. The first game was hard luck against us alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

United fans are funny. Lost last game controversially! Drogbas goal was as legit as Machedas ;) .

• Advertisement
Advertisement