Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Manchester United (Tuesday 1st March K.O 19.45 SS2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I think we're going to pull a performance out tonight - big games we've done it this season.

I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think we're going to pull a performance out tonight - big games we've done it this season.

I hope.

Big away games though? United have really tough games on the run in to come. Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal all away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I just hope the ref calls it fairly and it's a good game. These big premiership games do tend to disappoint.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    0-0.

VDS, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney.

We are due a slice of luck against Chelsea, lost to them twice controversially and lost the league by one point. Drogba's offside goal at Old Trafford last season, and the debatable free against Fletcher which lead to Chelsea's goal at Stamford Bridge where Brown was possibly fouled as Terry scored, and Drogba possibly interfering with play....

Oh and I forgot about Drogba getting kung fu kicked by Evans which was a stone wall penalty and Drogba was the one who got booked! Funny you only seem to remember the decisions that went against you isn't it. United did play very well at the Bridge last season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

2 HRS and 10 minutes left the suspense is absolutely killing me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

nerve-usssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

MUSEIST wrote: »
    umm, selectivly forgetting machedas handball. The first game was hard luck against us alright.
    United fans are funny. Lost last game controversially! Drogbas goal was as legit as Machedas ;) .

The only thing I will say that is Macheda's handball came after Drogba's offside.

Drogba's blatant offside made it 2-0 and effectively gave us a massive mountain to climb and it was virtually game over.

All I'm saying is the timing of the luck massively favoured Chelsea on the day. If you reverse the order of the incidents it probably would have been a different result. So it's not fair to say they both evened themselves out, because they didn't.

The only thing I will say that is Macheda's handball came after Drogba's offside.

Drogba's blatant offside made it 2-0 and effectively gave us a massive mountain to climb and it was virtually game over.

All I'm saying is the timing of the luck massively favoured Chelsea on the day. If you reverse the order of the incidents it probably would have been a different result. So it's not fair to say they both evened themselves out, because they didn't.

Better team on the day won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Straws, clutching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

You would make a good politician.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Straws, clutching

Chelsea were better in the first half, no doubt. We were a bit jaded after a champions league game mid week while Chelsea had a rest. But second half utd were the better team and a draw was the fair result.

With regards to clutching straws, I'm not. I'm just telling you how I felt on the day.

Are you claiming the timing and order of the two incidents made absolutey no difference to the result? A yes or no will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

You're having a laugh, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Chelsea were better in the first half, no doubt. We were a bit jaded after a champions league game mid week while Chelsea had a rest. But second half utd were the better team and a draw was the fair result.

With regards to clutching straws, I'm not. I'm just telling you how I felt on the day.

Are you claiming the timing and order of the two incidents made absolutey no difference to the result? A yes or no will do.

I remember utd fans saying chelsea deserved to win on the day, we were the better team at old trafford that day, no doubt.

Chelsea have been denied 3 clear penos in the last 3 domestic games, we are due a monumental ****storm of luck, hope its tonight.

curry-muff wrote: »
    You're having a laugh, right?

The game at Old Trafford last season we were the better team, I watched the game again last night and in the first half we were excellent. United could barely get out of there own half. Second half United were better, Ferriera missed a sitter for 2-0 early on in the second half. At the time I thought maybe a draw would have been fair but watching it again overall we were the better side that day and were good value for the win. As for the luck as I said already both teams could have had a penalty and should have had a goal each ruled out.

At Stamford Bridge last season United were the better team and didn't deserve to lose, Evans should have been red carded and a penalty for us though, we got very lucky with the free kick for our goal.

You would make a good politician.

I don't know whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult.:):mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Oh no, Chris Coleman is at Stamford Bridge. I guess that means he's co-commentating tonight.

Oh no, Chris Coleman is at Stamford Bridge. I guess that means he's co-commentating tonight.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Torres to break his duck, because he's been waiting to score against a "Big" club. :D

The pressure is a lot more on Chelsea, we HAVE to win to get back into the CL places. Man U have been patchy but I cant see them throwing the title away. You have to hand to them and Giggs in particular, he drove them on against Blackpool, so Chelsea cannot switch off untill the whistle blows thats for sure.
    Good thing is we have had a good bit of time to get Torres into the team. 4-4-2 gives us the width, but leaves us exposed in midfield.
    Which Rooney or even Bera turns up, is still a mystery thank god, but Rooney will be closely watched for loose elbows etc thats for sure

Just hope its a good open game not spolit by bad refereeing or linesmen deciscions and no bad injuries

C'MON the Blues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

it wouldnt matter whos commenting or anchor.... people on here are never happy with sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

This jaded after champions league excuse always makes me laugh you have 3 days to recover, from if away no more than a 2 hour flight ,and 90 minutes of football.They eat the best food get the best training get 100 grand a week and their tired give me a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

13/2 for a 0-0 game...im goin with that so i wont be too dissapointed if its a crap game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

13/2 for a 0-0 game...im goin with that so i wont be too dissapointed if its a crap game!

I went for a Scorecast,Nani first goal,1-1 result,45/1,Vidic score anytime,10/1
    Hopefully United can get a positive result with a good performance,a draw would be a good result i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

One of these days, my wild score prediction will be right and everyone will be shocked. Just a case of throwing enough **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.

3-3, both teams down to 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll go for a 1-0 to United. Vidic or Fletcher with the goal.

dahat wrote: »
    I went for a Scorecast,Nani first goal,1-1 result,45/1,Vidic score anytime,10/1
    Hopefully United can get a positive result with a good performance,a draw would be a good result i think.

Nani first goal scorer @10/1 is a great bet.

Would also be looking at Anelka @11/2. He has been performing well of late and scoring.

• Advertisement

Torres and Anelka start up front.

Nani first goal scorer @10/1 is a great bet.

Would also be looking at Anelka @11/2. He has been performing well of late and scoring.

I fear Anelka tonight,he is playing well and scoring,danger man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Torres and Anelka start up front.

I think thats best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Game is going to start off with end to end play, Chelsea will concede an early goal thanks to Nani. Game will settle down, Chelsea will begin to press. An equaliser will come in the secnd half from Anelka, tempo picks up, both teams go for it.
    93rd minute, Chelsea win a corner. Torres for the header, Contro decision to allow the goal as he seemed to foul Vidic, but the goal stands.
    Boom
    2-1 it finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Rumoured United team

vds
    o'shea
    vidic
    smalling
    evra
    fletcher
    carrick
    scholes
    nani
    rooney
    hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hernandez starts for United up top with Rooney.

Unchanged team from the Wigan game

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

United Lineup on twitter:
    vds / sheasy, vida, smalling, evra / fletch, carrick, scholes, nani / wazza, chico. (Brown, Berba, Giggsy, Rafa, Fabio, Gibbo, TK)

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Torres.

thats one prediction I've gotten right tonight, on for the 2-1 win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Im liking the look of that Chelsea lineup, if they get themselves into gear they should cause Man Utd some serious problems. (Hope so anyway :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

HA Ray Wilkins on the panel :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just arrived at the ground , can't wait ! There showing clips of man u's last couple of trips to the bridge on the big screens !

In the words of the lovely Norwich Chairwoman ," come on let's be aving you (insert slur here ). :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

The team didn't really play well against wigan but we got the job done. It is an adaptable formation too with Fletcher on the right as we can revert to 451 very easy. Chico might cause Terry problems with his pace. i think SAF knows that Chelsea could totally over run us if we let them play so he is going to attack them.

you lucky (insert profanities here!) pistol!
    enjoy the game!:)

Hopefully Chico will cause havoc tonight,Terry likes the game played in front of him these days and if we can get Chico in behind it might just pay off handsomely.....

• Advertisement

The team didn't really play well against wigan but we got the job done. It is an adaptable formation too with Fletcher on the right as we can revert to 451 very easy. Chico might cause Terry problems with his pace. i think SAF knows that Chelsea could totally over run us if we let them play so he is going to attack them.

I'd hope Luiz will be watching Chico while Essien and Terry keep an eye on Rooney between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I know it's a case of "horses for courses", but it's bad form to bench Berba again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'm going to go with 0-2 to United, have a feeling we're going to do something big in this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hope Rooney will use some elbow grease tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yakult wrote: »
    Hope Rooney will use some elbow grease tonight.

He'll need to, with Ashley Young gunning for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did Berba shag Mrs Ferguson or somethin?! Hernandez deserves to be there, Rooney barely deserves to be in the squad given his current form/attitude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First unchanged team since May 2008:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

First time in 165 games Utd have fielded an unchanged team apparently :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

1-1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Dave! wrote: »
    Did Berba shag Mrs Ferguson or somethin?! Hernandez deserves to be there, Rooney barely deserves to be in the squad given his current form/attitude
    rooney needs to be scoring goals ! berba can come on anytime.

Advertisement