Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a PET-FRIENDLY holiday home

• 28-02-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Thinking of our next holiday with our 2 cocker spnaniels, could anybody give some recommendation, here are the reuqirements:

- pet friendly with FULLY SECURED GARDEN
    - detached house
    - within walking distance close to beach or lake VERY IMPORTANT
    - not close to a main road

Thanks all for sharing the info if there is somewhere you enjoyed your stay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

falabo wrote: »
    Hi there

Thinking of our next holiday with our 2 cocker spnaniels, could anybody give some recommendation, here are the reuqirements:

- pet friendly with FULLY SECURED GARDEN
    - detached house
    - within walking distance close to beach or lake VERY IMPORTANT
    - not close to a main road

Thanks all for sharing the info if there is somewhere you enjoyed your stay.

I am looking for the exact same... 1 cocker spaniel, with the above requirements for last two weeks in June.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

went to a great place last september in co. Kerry, absolutely fantastic house, remote and all but not close enough to beach. had to drive for a few minutes to get there. I want to be able to walk to the beach first thing in the morning with my 2 spaniels :-)

also there was no secure garden, it was ok cos they were still very young but now I wouldnt trust them they like exploring too much :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Maybe this place would be suitable. I am not sure if they have a secure garden though.

http://www.rosturk-woods.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

http://www.donegalholidayhome.net/ I can vouch for it that it's fully enclosed secure garden (which is massive and brilliant for a game of tennis with the dog). Not within walking distance of a beach but within a short driving distance of loads of beautiful beaches and other places to walk. Ticks all the boxes but the walking distance to beach.
    The area it's in is very dog friendly also, once you can drive and the dogs enjoy travelling there are loads of attractions that allow dogs to them, and if they don't specify they allow dogs, once you ask and say the dog is small there's rarely a problem.

To be fair I think what your looking for doesn't exist! :( If it does post it here because we do be on the lookout for dog friendly holidays with fully secure gardens the whole time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

kakee wrote: »
    Maybe this place would be suitable. I am not sure if they have a secure garden though.

http://www.rosturk-woods.com

i too would be interested in somewhere pet friendly..
    The above looks lovely, but seems way overpriced, 3 bed for 1400 per week....!!!! for 2 weeks thats 3 grand {incl driving expenses+lunch on the travelling days} without electricity etc... way too dear methinks.

Surely if pet friendly B&B's/Hostel/hotels even, would be cheaper {and serviced} or am i expecting too much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try daft.ie and donedeal.ie as well, they both have holiday home sections. I found a place for kerry for a week in august when we are down there for dog show week on daft.ie. 5 Bed house for €750. Theres 4 of us going down with all our dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Advertisement