Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas Moore Tavern

Options
  • 28-02-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Well its re-opening on Wednesday. had a small look in there over the weekend and it looks nice... small bar on the first floor done out dark and more classical as youd expect. nice entrance with elevator in the middle to the bistro i presume but done out well... havnt seen other floors... id say it will be a nice little place for a cool pint of G ! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Is that the place up at the bullring? Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Bazbu wrote: »
    Is that the place up at the bullring? Looks good

Nope thats Mackens (The Cape) Thomas Moore Tavern is up in the cornmarket though I hate to be a pedant but the Thomas Moore Tavern isn't re-opening there is a new pub run by new people on the site of an old pub called the Thomas Moore Tavern there just using the old name its more like Thomas Moore Tavern 2.0 is opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Nope thats Mackens (The Cape) Thomas Moore Tavern is up in the cornmarket though I hate to be a pedant but the Thomas Moore Tavern isn't re-opening there is a new pub run by new people on the site of an old pub called the Thomas Moore Tavern there just using the old name its more like Thomas Moore Tavern 2.0 is opening.

Sorry - meant Cornmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Mcloughlin your dead right but its better to be reopening than not! its a Historic site so even for that alone its better that someone has taken it back on and marked the area rather than left idle doing nothing with a crumbling building. unfortunately times move on so we gotta accept it... ill frequent for a Pint no bothers and im sure others will too !

Mcloughlin your dead right but its better to be reopening than not! its a Historic site so even for that alone its better that someone has taken it back on and marked the area rather than left idle doing nothing with a crumbling building. unfortunately times move on so we gotta accept it... ill frequent for a Pint no bothers and im sure others will too !

I know I'm glad that there some is a good pub opening and not been left to fall apart like Broaders was several years ago and various other pubs over the years and Thomas Moore has a music venue aswell so thats good and one important fact I rarely got a seat in the old Thomas Moore heck I rarely got in the door it was that small so I do look forward to having a seat in this new Pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Looking forward to this opening....somewhere new is always good, rather than the same old places in Wex town...
    Hopefully hear some good music acts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

So did anyone check it out yet? Hope to be back down in the next few weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

yes! its absolutely lovely in there... high class stuff ! everywhere is cosy but done out like really really nice. front bar is nice but bistro is done out victorian style lovely seating as is the smoking area...elevators to each floor. top bar piano bar really nice and classy too... cosy and all the jax completed to a high level...smoking area is done really nice as well.... its a classy place! havnt eaten in there but my girlfriend has and she said it was also top drawer !

Was in here over the weekend, very impressed by it. Really nice place. The piano bar is lovely and something different...haven't eaten there yet.
    Will attract an older crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

A mate of mine loves the place, he won their Cheltenham sweep yesterday! On top of bagging a few winners and a treble elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Big Vern wrote: »
    Was in here over the weekend, very impressed by it. Really nice place. The piano bar is lovely and something different...haven't eaten there yet.
    Will attract an older crowd...

I think they might suffer a bit in regards to the food menu.
    Went in there for lunch 2 weeks ago but they dont have a lunch menu at all.
    Unless you want an actual dinner or meal for lunch then its not the place to go.

We left as all we wanted was maybe soup and a sambo but they dont do that.

It looks really well though, and the decor is fabulous.

the kelt wrote: »
    I think they might suffer a bit in regards to the food menu.
    Went in there for lunch 2 weeks ago but they dont have a lunch menu at all.
    Unless you want an actual dinner or meal for lunch then its not the place to go.

We left as all we wanted was maybe soup and a sambo but they dont do that.

It looks really well though, and the decor is fabulous.

Havent heard great reports about the food..the food its self is good but the portions you get are small...Maybe the menu's will change over the coming weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BDS09

They have a website for it now: http://www.thomasmooretavern.com/

BDS09 wrote: »
    They have a website for it now: http://www.thomasmooretavern.com/

Someone should tell them there not the oldest pub in wexford town that privilege belongs to The Cape\Mackens

Advertisement