Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tom araya hopitalised ,but released today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Austrailia appears to be having a **** time with all the floods and fires etc., then passing it on to Slayer, goddamn Aussies!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Between him and Jeff, Slayer aren't having a easy time lately! Hope they'll be back up and running soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'll probably get some slack for this but I'd nearly prefer if Slayer had one final tour and called it a day. I mean let's face it they're getting on and while they are still great live, the life of playing long sets of highly energetic, aggressive music every night on worldwide tours has taken its toll on them. Tom's neck and back problems have had an effect on them in the live arena, things just arent the same without his wild headbanging.

I'd much rather see them bow out now with their heads held high than see them keep at it and risk becoming a parody of themselves. They have a massive legacy and I'd hate for them to blemish that. And I'm saying this as a huge Slayer fan. But anyway here's hoping that Tom doesnt have to make anymore hospital trips and that Jeff makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Testament1 wrote: »
    I'll probably get some slack for this but I'd nearly prefer if Slayer had one final tour and called it a day. I mean let's face it they're getting on and while they are still great live, the life of playing long sets of highly energetic, aggressive music every night on worldwide tours has taken its toll on them. Tom's neck and back problems have had an effect on them in the live arena, things just arent the same without his wild headbanging.

I'd much rather see them bow out now with their heads held high than see them keep at it and risk becoming a parody of themselves. They have a massive legacy and I'd hate for them to blemish that. And I'm saying this as a huge Slayer fan. But anyway here's hoping that Tom doesnt have to make anymore hospital trips and that Jeff makes a speedy recovery.

You will get abuse for that, but in fairness, I agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

+1 to what Testament1 said. Love Slayer and you're always guaranteed a great show but they seem to be particularly unlucky lately with their health. I'd hate to see them go through the motions and to be honest they seem the type of guys who wouldn't go down that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i can understand if they quit soon that intensity was impossible to maintain lets put this together araya risked his neck for the sake of thrash and is now left with a metal plate holding him up, hanneman was bitten by a spider which made his flesh rot, now tom has tinnitus thats not coincidence, thats evidence they really have been \m/ to the core and the definitive thrash stalwarts. a world without slayer i dunno the logo alone screams sociopathic nazi occultist serial sports fan war mongers, generals of the field there was always room for heavier groups but slayer brought an intensity that made em sound the heaviest imo

its imminent isn't it.. i forsee a naive pussy world with no slayer :( this n gadaffi, bastions of invincibility or so i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Star Bingo wrote: »
    its imminent isn't it.. i forsee a naive pussy world with no slayer :(

In fairness,when they do call it a day they can be rightly proud of an amazing legacy left behind that most bands can only dream of. They probably have and most certainly will inspire many others to pick up instruments and continue the story of thrash for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

i dont think they should quit they are still filling up venues so why quit.
    hope jeff recovers soon and they are both ok for a long while yet .

im a slayer fanatic ,so to me it would be one of the worst things to happen if they quit .but i dont think they have any reason to .still making amazing albums and still amazing live .

when people stop coming to their shows then its time to hang it up.
    i dont see them quitting though ,tom and dave are starting a new project band also.but they say slayer will stay the top priority .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

When doing what they do starts to affect your health, its generally a good time to start retiring before you do any serious damage to yourself, in Tom's situation, even more damage.

im a slayer fanatic ,so to me it would be one of the worst things to happen if they quit .but i dont think they have any reason to .still making amazing albums and still amazing live .

i dont see them quitting though ,tom and dave are starting a new project band also.but they say slayer will stay the top priority .
    I think what Testament1 is saying is that he doesn't want Slayer to come to the stage were less and less people come to the shows, he doesn't want to so them go like that, he wants them to go while they're on a high, before they stop being as good at what they do as they have been. No Slayer fan wants to see Slayer fade away - we'd prefer to remember them as a band were always great.

I somewhat agree, but I don't want Tom, Jeff, Dave & Kerry to call it quits yet, I think they have a good 5 years at least before that should happen, I want to see them once or twice more before that day comes.

• Advertisement

i think they have a good bit left in them too ,just a few setbacks at the moment .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Can you shed any more light on this new project?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

MetalDog wrote: »
    Between him and Jeff, Slayer aren't having a easy time lately! Hope they'll be back up and running soon.

We can only pray .....

prayer_200x200.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Is he referring to the old Christian Metal act once part of an April Fools joke?

DeadSkin wrote: »

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=25172

here ya go.should be intresting.

Woah - didn't see that one coming!
    ;)

I stick with it being an April Fool's day joke. I ****ing hate Christian Metal.

i dunno while i do like my metal evil ,ive heard two now i like .
    well im not sure but i was told sonata arctica are supossedly christian metal.not sure how to define christian metal.may not have to sing about god, just about things that are positive .and i stumbled on a band called bloodgood which are pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

He!He! 2007!!

RayCon wrote: »
    We can only pray .....

prayer_200x200.jpg

seems someone took a p, that's too close to raver for comfort

araya actually had a bout of vertigo prior to going on; dehydration / spins whatever truth is all that touring and flitting between seasons would probs do that to me n all.. was probs quite humid in Sydney besides he sounded fairly spritely in brisbane

this vid annoys me some aussie skanger tryin to burn a slayer shirt whilst tom is feeling queezy backstage, n no-one attacks him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auIg9JG0DfQ

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    this vid annoys me some aussie skanger tryin to burn a slayer shirt whilst tom is feeling queezy backstage, n no-one attacks him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auIg9JG0DfQ
    F***in Slayer......fans :D

kbannon wrote: »
    F***in Slayer......fans :D

well.. yeah to an extent :D maybe not such a slayer fan in trying to show what he can get away with amidst a bunch of genuine fans. can't imagine doing that personally, but yup some might.. looks pretty bad around 5:00. though such a reaction to an anticipated headline slot is understandable somewhat, he's just a little nauseous why call it off entirely sort of mindset.. it didn't actually catch fire so f*ck im :pac:

Advertisement