Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Beer Blog

• 28-02-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hi, turns out Ive only posted today for the first time despite registering in 2004. Not sure how that happened buy hey im here now.
    I moved house in August last year and since then have decided to keep track of all the beers I have drank but only bottle cos cans kinda suck. This week I decided to use this information to create a blog. Here it is: http://thebeerbaronblog.blogspot.com/
    Please look around it and if anybody could help me by offering suggestions to beers I dont have and where stocks them, that would be greater. Even greater would be if anybody wants to donate a bottle (full of course) to the cause.;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just pictures of beer? That's fine if the sole purpose is for your own records but if you want anyone to read it you need to talk about the beer. Review it or give your opinion etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Ive had a look at your blog and I agree it looks a lot better and more interesting with actual info about the beer. I will have to jazz it up. Thanks

Oh and also, where do you get your beer from?, Ive seen loads of stuff on your blog that Ive never heard of before and would love to try.

Yeah add some words. You don't need to write an essay, in fact look up the cyclops method for beer tasting. I use it sometimes, it is just a quick idea of what the beer is like. Milestone Brewery for instance uses it to describe their beer.

For the beer, get out of whatever crap off license and supermarket you are going to and go somewhere decent. Some of the Molloy's have an ok range as well as next door and cellar. Supervalu in town (former Virgin Megastore) is good.
    For the best range though you have Deveneys in Dundrum, Redmonds in Ranelagh and then Drinkstore in Stoneybatter. Drinkstore deliver ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Thanks for that. I actually got my first delivery from drinkstore.ie today and have the next one lined up.
    I wanna check out that place in Dundrum soon. Sounds good.

KJ wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I actually got my first delivery from drinkstore.ie today and have the next one lined up.
    I wanna check out that place in Dundrum soon. Sounds good.

Also if you are in The Bull and Castle (best beer pub in the country imo) and want to bring home beer, they have off sales prices on all their bottled beer (about 100 usually)

• Advertisement
Advertisement