Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from AVG to Bullguard? Good idea?

• 28-02-2011 2:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Been using AVG on a desktop machine for a year now, and its been brilliant at keeping the virus's at bay after a nasty virus got in the machine and I had to pay a guy €100 to get it removed. Now, a year later, AVG is asking for an update and €45.

But I got a new netbook with free BULLGUARD software with a 3 pc licence. I'm going to use this on my netbook and the desktop I speak of, but have'nt used Bullguard before so I wonder am I still going to have the same level of protection?

Thoughts?

thanks.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

no thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Hi,

Been using AVG on a desktop machine for a year now, and its been brilliant at keeping the virus's at bay after a nasty virus got in the machine and I had to pay a guy €100 to get it removed. Now, a year later, AVG is asking for an update and €45.

But I got a new netbook with free BULLGUARD software with a 3 pc licence. I'm going to use this on my netbook and the desktop I speak of, but have'nt used Bullguard before so I wonder am I still going to have the same level of protection?

Thoughts?

thanks.:)
    Are you sure that the Bullguard is suitable for the Desktop? It probably is but I seen a few lately made especially for netbooks.

Either way they're rated pretty similar. Here and here.

I'd use Microsoft myself and comodo firewall----> just the firewall, it comes with an antivirus you have to untick a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BullGuard

Hello MidlandsM,

Yes, you can use BullGuard both on your desktop and you netbook without any issue. Download the application from this link: http://download.bullguard.com/BullGuardDownloader.exe , install it and login with your username and you will be protected.

Also let me inform you hat our product, BullGuard Internet Security is the best at detecting and blocking malware, according with the Independent test results from AV-Test Labs (you can check for more details here: http://www.bullguard.com/news/latest-press-releases/press-release-archive/2011-01-27.aspx )

I would kindly recommend you, every time you have an issue concerning our application, to contact us on our website: http://www.bullguard.com .

Best regards,
    BullGuard Support Team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Brilliant!

Thanks,

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thecleaner

I find Bullguard really great runs really well on my desktop. Heard good things about avast too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement