Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatia Holiday

Options
  • 28-02-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Myself and the GF are heading off to Croatia on holiday in June and are looking for some ideas from fello boardies.

We are flying Aer Lingus directly from Ireland to Dubrovnik in June and return 2 weeks later.

We have booked a small little apartment in the Old Town for the first few days in Dubrovnik but after that we don’t really have anything planned.

I have heard the Islands are a must see but can you stay on them for 3 or 4 days? If so which islands would you recommend? Hvar has great reviews but It is 7.5 hours away on a ferry so we would like to break up that trip if possible.

Any ideas or recommendations guys?

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Hi, I just booked flights there myself to Croatia in June. Yeah the ferry trip is a long haul alright. If your going to Dubrovnik, I think its best to visit the Islands closer to the city. Your going for 2 weeks though as oppose to my 1 week so I think making the trip to Hvar is well worth doing as it looks stunning. What I would do is rent a car for a week and take a trip up the coast until you reach a town that does a ferry crossing over to Hvar thats only a short distance away. You get to see more of the country and your not spending a lengthy boat journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Hi, I just booked flights there myself to Croatia in June. Yeah the ferry trip is a long haul alright. If your going to Dubrovnik, I think its best to visit the Islands closer to the city. Your going for 2 weeks though as oppose to my 1 week so I think making the trip to Hvar is well worth doing as it looks stunning. What I would do is rent a car for a week and take a trip up the coast until you reach a town that does a ferry crossing over to Hvar thats only a short distance away. You get to see more of the country and your not spending a lengthy boat journey.

Cheers TGG,

Good advice there, i appreciate it. I will look into the car rental today. I dont want to be stuck with a car for the duration of the holiday though! Maybe i will get it for two days and drive up to Split and get the ferry across from there.
    Enjoy your holiday!

Advertisement