Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad taste from new water bladder

• 28-02-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I bought a Trespass backpack and a hydration bladder that goes with it. When out running it is almost impossible to suck the water out of it and it becomes even harder when out of breath. Also the water tastes like I'm drinking it through a bicycle tube, is this normal or is this what I get for not buying the proper Camelback one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

fill it with boiling water, let it sit for a few minutes* and rince it out. I find repeating that a few times with cycling bottles takes the 'new taste' off them.

*if it melts and destroys the bladder I accept no blame ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Did you rinse the bladder out well before you ised it the first time, run 4 or 5 fills of tap water through it. I bought one a little while back and the guy in the shop told me to do this or there would be a taste off it. No problems once I rinsed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

I use Milton to clean bladders and water bottles when they need it. If the taste persists try that.

WARNING: Too strong a mix will result in a milton taste, but that's better than an upset stomach in my mind so it's just something I accept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Cheers lads, I did rinse it through a good few times before using it. I think I'll try a combination of all of the above. Although I might not try full on boiling water, I can see a melted bag and some scalded fingers. I might add a bit of energy drink to the water too to kill the taste.

Advertisement