Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bettinsoli Diamond Chokes

Options
  • 28-02-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Quick question for anyone who has/or knows about Bettinsoli. I have a Diamond Sporter with Multi choke, manufactured Dec. 2007. I could do with a couple of chokes (skeet, and 1/4). I have heard that Beretta chokes fit (mobil), can anyone confirm or reject this? Bettinsoli say (understandably) that only their chokes will do.
    Thanks in anticipation!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

43 views and no advice?!!!! Ah lads, one of yiz must have an answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey DJ I have a Beretta but it's an Xtrema2 and as far as I know the chokes on them are not like other Beretta guns so be careful.

You should call into a dealer with a calipers and ask him to try it out. If they are the same then he could get them for you maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Thanks for that, V

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Also if there is anyone in your gun club who had a set of those Beretta chokes you could try there first. Measure twice though to be sure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Patthechemist

I tried them and the beretta mobil chokes don't fit my Bettinsoli DU 20 ga. I'm also looking for some replacement chokes and it looks like beretta optima might fit. I'm contacting Bettinsoli to find out... in the meantime here's a link to their web page:

http://www.bettinsoli.it/en/company/company_profile.aspx

It appears there are two choke styles for the 20 ga models. It might be wise to try to contact them and perhaps we can order the chokes directly from Bettinsoli. Could be a bit more expensive than finding an equivalent but for sure we'd get the proper choke.

If someone from Bettinsoli replies I'll post what I learn here.

Pat

• Advertisement

I haven't received a reply from Bettinsoli but I contacted Briley Mfg. in the States. I sent them one of my chokes and if they don't have a match for it they'll machine a custom choke. Their custom chokes cost 65 USD. For more information see http://www.briley.com/customchokes.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

McCloys in the north is the main importer for Bettinsoli for Ireland, you could try there?

Mallards

Thanks mallards

I checked them out and McCloy does have them listed on his webpage.

cheers
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

DJandDeid,
    When I am in the states, there's a place I have bought chokes from located at www.colonialarms.com

Why don't you email them with your specifications and ask them if they sell chokes for that firearm.

At the very least, I would imagine they could tell you if the Bettensoli chokes are exchangeable with anyone else.

Here's there pdf, which unfortunately, does not have Bettinsoli info. They are just not that popular in the states.
    http://www.colonialarms.com/PDFfiles/Interchange.pdf

Slan

Advertisement