Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy sage

Options
  • 28-02-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I'm looking to get myself a small plant of sage but none of the gardening centres seem to have any, any idea where I'd get a small pot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I've got loads in pots,give me a shout if your north side(Swords area) and I'll gladly give you some.

Surprised you can't find it in the garden centres mind.Have you tried 'proper' garden centres as opposed to woodies etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 garr23

Why not grow it from seed? Its pretty easy. I got my sage seeds from seedaholic in Co. Mayo, and, no I'm not connected to them, just a satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Dunnes, if you keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 garr23

I've seen sage in both Lidl and Tescos in the past week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Borrow a cutting from a friend who has sage plant, then apply some rooting powder before replanting. One of the best tips to save money that the experienced seasoned garderners recommend and much quicker than growing from seed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

garr23 wrote: »
    Why not grow it from seed? Its pretty easy. I got my sage seeds from seedaholic in Co. Mayo, and, no I'm not connected to them, just a satisfied customer.

ditto

Advertisement