Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lufthansa Circling over Mayo/Galway

Options
  • 28-02-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

A Lufthansa A320 has just flew over me at 13,750 feet Reg D-AIQW Flight no DLH 9915, it has been on a very unusual flight path, over the Atlantic and around Galway to Mayo and back to Galway, seems to be heading for Shannon.

Any ideas what this is about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Post Maintenance test flight from Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 15 slanystu

As a320 said! He went out west, climbed to fl390, went north for a bit, headed back towards mayo, descended to fl170, and circled for quite a bit looking to find some "clear air". He wanted to see the ground to do some sort of tests.

SlanyStu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I'm pretty sure Angela merkel, is on it. Apparently her and Kenny are buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hi slanystu, great input there, are you a Radio head? Either way welcome to Aviation And Aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Angela merkel, Apparently her and Kenny are buddies.

Good for us here as a whole so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DW_ATCO

Steyr wrote: »
    Hi slanystu, great input there, are you a Radio head? Either way welcome to Aviation And Aircraft.

I'm gonna guess that Stu is strumble,both high level points,so id say he is a fellow atco?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 slanystu

Fellow Atco is right, had to change the name recently due to my real name being in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

This aircraft is due to depart shannon soon back to germany,LH 9921 To stuttgart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

A320 wrote: »
    This aircraft is due to depart shannon soon back to germany,LH 9921 To stuttgart

He's away, heading down over wexford now, FL320!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes 2 year old thread but the DLH 9915 is flying all over the south west at this moment and looks like heading back to shannon.

More maintenance or whats the story??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes 2 year old thread but the DLH 9915 is flying all over the south west at this moment and looks like heading back to shannon.

More maintenance or whats the story??

Yes same callsign most likely a different aircraft, callsigns are recycled for these trips often. Shannon aerospace have a maintenance contract with Lufthansa and SAS and others.

As an aside after two years the aircraft would need more maintenance a bit like your car but more indepth.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

yep, We finished the check on that lufty yesterday. Probably doing the test flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭flutered

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Angela merkel, is on it. Apparently her and Kenny are buddies.

joining the mile high club perhaps

Advertisement