Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with a rented house

Options
  • 28-02-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I just moved into a new house and im renting it. i love the house and i would hate to move but there is a few small problems and i dont no if i deal with them or the landlord does because i have tried to fix them

The house is an old house and there is mold growing around the windows in the sittingroom and bedroom and i have tried mould remover and the windows are always soaking wet and it keeps coming back and also around the toilet there is a small leak and its leaking onto wood so its rotting it and there has been alot of woodworm and the couch in the sitting room is starting to rip and has gone all out of shape from previous people renting

I Take really good care of the house and i am always ontime with the rent so i would hate to run into trobble with the landlord

So any advice on what i should do would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

You have them old single glazed windows, do you? I have got the same problem, and the landlord is not that cooperative at all.

Somewhere in this section, I have started a thread, it is called 'Not happy with the landlord', maybe one of the mods can merge our threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

yes there old windows

My landlord is great, he is so nice and i would had to get into problems with him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

sparky89 wrote: »
    yes there old windows

My landlord is great, he is so nice and i would had to get into problems with him

Well, if you have mould in the house, it is a health hazard. No matter if he is nice or not, he has to sort it out.

Hopefully he is not going to ignore you, like it happens to me in the moment ;)

Advertisement