Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N64 worth selling?

• 28-02-2011 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have an N64 with some games and an extra controller, memory card etc which I haven't used in years. Is there much of a market for them or would I be wasting my time trying to sell it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Someone will always buy an old console :)

You won't get too much for an N64 though unfortunately. More than a PS1..less than a Snes. Maybe on par with a Megadrive.

Really depends what games you're selling with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There was one going around on adverts.ie and about 5 or 6 people bought and sold it for the same price over a year. :D

Nobody lost money on it at all, kind of a little arrangement going on, I had it at one stage, bought for €80, kept for two months and sold for €80

There will be a market for it, what games are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've three of them, tbh it'd cost more in electricity having your pc on when your putting up the ad than what their worth :( Well I'm joking of course, but they're really worth whatever games you have with them only, the console on its own is a €15/20 max jobbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eoincregan

Hmm my game selection isn't great to be honest, just have Goldeneye, Turok 1 & 2, Waveriders and Pilotwings (was a gift not my choice!). I never really used it that much so didn't invest hugely in games, Goldeneye was the main one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good games but not exactly hard to find. Goldeneye you might get 15-20 for. I'd give you a tenner for pilotwings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

eoincregan wrote: »
    Hmm my game selection isn't great to be honest, just have Goldeneye, Turok 1 & 2, Waveriders and Pilotwings (was a gift not my choice!). I never really used it that much so didn't invest hugely in games, Goldeneye was the main one.

Turok 1 and 2 were brilliant, if I had an N64 I'd buy them off you unfortunately my aul one has it in her attic in France... :( balls.

If you live in Dublin pop into the R.A.G.E (Record and Games Emporium) on 16b fade street. They'll definitely buy it off you or you could trade it in against some of the goodies they have in store!

http://www.facebook.com/TheRageDublin

Thats the facebook profiler that the staff talk to potential customers on. No harm in adding and asking what the craic is with their prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The Rage would offer far less than you'd get on adverts.ie. I'd say stick it up for €50 and take a little less.

There was an N64 with I think about 20 games and a ton of pads up on there a while back for €500 or so. I doubt it sold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

The Rage would offer far less than you'd get on adverts.ie. I'd say stick it up for €50 and take a little less.

There was an N64 with I think about 20 games and a ton of pads up on there a while back for €500 or so. I doubt it sold :D

I've never sold anything to them so I'll take your word for it...

Still my favourite shop though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I was gonna invest in an N64 just to replay Ocarina of time. Then the 3ds appeared!! yesh!! A great console with so many gems, if you not a collector pawn it off but id personally keep it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I asked the guy in RAGE a while ago if he'd be interested in buying some of my multiple consoles. He told me that he would, but I'd get more for them on adverts. There's honesty for you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well if they're selling games so cheap, you can hardly expect them to pay top dollar for them in the first place.They wouldn't be in business too long doing that.

It's one or the other: they either give you full retail money for games & sell them on to make a profit making them too dear, or they give you small money but sell it on cheaply.

They're not a trade shop, so it's prob best to let them do what they do best (sell games cheaply).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Joeyde

I would be interested in taking it. Im looking for a console as mine is not working for some reason, but I might be interested in taking the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

The Rage would offer far more than you'd get from burton on adverts.ie. I'd say stick it up for €50 and take a little less.
    fyp.

Advertisement