Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois toll issue

Options
  • 28-02-2011 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

In the past few weeks I've had to use the Laois toll on a number of occasions. At the toll where you throw the money in to the bucket it says that you can use 1c, 2c, 5c etc so I figured it would be a handy way to get rid of all the change I have. However I've noticed that despite having the exact money it always says I have to put in more. Yesterday after putting in the 1.80 in 5c it said that I still had 1.10 to pay! Why do they say you can put in small change if the thing can't count it properly? Is there any way I can complain about this? Previously I used all 10c coins and it asked me to add in another 40c so it isn't just the 1,2 and 5c coins that I've had this problem with.

I know I could easily put in the 1.80 in bigger money but they shouldn't say you can put in the smaller change if the machine can't count it properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did you check the change bucket? I find sometimes the smaller change drops though the machine, and comes back out as change...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 teatowel1

I have noticed the same thing on the M4 toll did it twice ended up paying an extra 4c first time and 60c the second time - didnt hear anything coming out out the change bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement