Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this???

• 28-02-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

I got 2 of these when i bought my boat,i dunno what they are or what they are for,there is 2 holes in each side and 4 holes on the top and 1 hole down the bottom....

Anyone know

2edp3jm.jpg
    2edp3jm.jpg
    vphmk7.jpg
    35b9suq.jpg
    1in312.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    I got 2 of these when i bought my boat,i dunno what they are or what they are for,there is 2 holes in each side and 4 holes on the top and 1 hole down the bottom....

Anyone know
    What type of boat?

My guesses:

Under hull to keep upright when the tide goes out?

for supporting mast on pushpit or boom during transit or when putting a tent over the boom. ( sailboat)

The holes could be for ties or for screwing it on to something. If you have two it suggests a symmetric arrangement and not something on the prow or stern but one on each side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

it's an old sea nymph

image00392.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

legs for a table using the seat as a third leg?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They look like they will fit where your bench seat is, if you take away the seat the blocks should line up with holes there and the slopes but together with the one on the side of the boat to make two seats with a walk through instead of one long one. :)

Advertisement