Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Present

Options
  • 28-02-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Looking for birthday present ideas for my two best friends, both 30. Budget is around 250 each (other people involed). Any ideas?

What was your best present, something that you can keep rather than an experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Flying lesson was pretty cool. If they're outdoorsy then paintballing is a great laugh, make a weekend out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Are they the "Expensive handbag" type?
    That would be a great gift, IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from tLL, more suited to here I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

My favourite ever present was a photo collage frame with loads of photos of myself and all my friends. Looked really classy and was really sentimental because theyd written messages and in-jokes on the back of each photo.

Another one was a silver locket. Love it and will treasure it forever.

The best pressy I gave was prob to my best mate when he was leaving for a year recently; same thing, a good few of us pitched in and got him a nintendo DS and a digi photo frame with a couple of usb stick with stuff to put in the frame.

The best presents are the ones with a lot of thought gone into them; so it really depends on the person youre giving it to imo.

Couldn't say what my favourite gift was, but these are the ones I still love to this day: The illustrated works of Oscar Wilde, a Cross pen and pencil set, a drawing (made by the gift giver themself), a pair of shoes, a surprise party, and an amp.

The more thoughtful, the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement