Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel Router

Options
  • 28-02-2011 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I am using Eircom Zyxel router for my home broadband, the encryptions password security is set to WPA, I would must prefer it to be WPA+2 more secures. Does the router firmware need updating on a regular basic and how often do I update the firmware.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I am using Eircom Zyxel router for my home broadband, the encryptions password security is set to WPA, I would must prefer it to be WPA+2 more secures. Does the router firmware need updating on a regular basic and how often do I update the firmware.

Hi thechronicit,

Thanks for your query and apologies for any delay replying.

The eircom Zyxel router has an option to change your wireless encryption to WPA2.

To do this log on to the router as described here:
    Zyxel P660- serires, please follow steps below .. 1) Ensure you connect your yellow Ethernet cable from your computer to the modem.
    2) Open up your Internet Browser and clear the web address in the Address bar.
    3) Enter the following IP Address into the Address Bar :
    4) Press Return or Click on Goto on your Internet browser.
    * If asked for a password to access the router /modem (Zyxel), simply type : broadband1

5b) You should see a Menu List on the left handside.
    If using the eircom Zyxel router, Select 'Network' '
    Now select 'Wireless LAN'
    Under the AP tab , Go to 'Common Setup' and then to 'Security Mode'

Use the drop down menu and select required encryption type : wpa2

Click on Apply at the bottom of the screen...

and that is it....

There's generally no need to update the firmware on the Zyxel router.
    You can check which version you are using, by clicking on the 'Status' option :

ZyNOS Firmware Version: V3.70(BOE.1)D0 | 11/19/2009

If you need further assistance with this or any other issue, just let me know.

Kind regards
    Ant

Advertisement