Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child seats/Prams

• 28-02-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

I know this gets asked all the time but I am looking for up to date info. My wife is expecting and I want a car seat with ISOFIX.

Also what is the best pram you can get or can you get all together as one thing. Price is not an issue.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

maxi cosi cabrio fix infant car seats were the best and you buy the isofix base.
    The travel system depends on what you want from a pram and buggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Moonbeam wrote: »
    maxi cosi cabrio fix infant car seats were the best and you buy the isofix base.
    The travel system depends on what you want from a pram and buggy.

Cheers. Where would I purchase on of them? When you say what I want from the buggy is that just walking it or having it at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Any good nursery shop (Tony Kealys, Eurobaby etc) should stock the car seat...

Will your wife be using the buggy much for walking? Or just to have in the boot of the car for when she goes shopping? That sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

January wrote: »
    Any good nursery shop (Tony Kealys, Eurobaby etc) should stock the car seat...

Will your wife be using the buggy much for walking? Or just to have in the boot of the car for when she goes shopping? That sort of thing!

It will be for both I suppose allthough I normally get landed to do the shopping...:P Walking mostly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ok, so a system with pumped tyres is a must, the out and about nipper and the baby jogger city mini are both suitable from birth. Phil & Teds are also a good choice and can be turned into a double if you want to have two babies close together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we have a petit zia for the creche as it folds small and fits in the press.

We have a maxi cosi mura 4 for everyday use and it is the best buy ever,I love it.

On to a double buggy now and have the out n about nipper.

kiddicare.com is where bought all of our stuff as it was a lot cheaper then the shops here but we went and tried it out in the shops first.

walking/size of boot/creche/travel system? are all factors that you need to take in to consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have the Quinny Buzz 4 for walking etc and the Quinny Zapp for when we're shopping or travelling. The Maxi Cosi Cabriofix fits into both and has the isofix base option.

I love my Quinny :D

Advertisement