Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heston's Fat Duck

Options
  • 28-02-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

We finally got a booking for this place after about 3 weeks of trying. Going midweek in April - can't wait! Has anyone else been there already? What was it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

ohh take pics (the closest I'll get to it) and dont forget your credit card :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do they do A La Carte or is it just the tasting menu?? 150 pound cancellation fee :o

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

A friend of mine went before christmas and they said it was the most amazing food experience ever. Go open minded and hungry!

Their photos were crazy. I think it was the tasting menu only when they went. Heston had a program on recently with some of his best 'experiments' and they were served in the tasting menu.

Enjoy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I was there last year.
    There's no choice in the menu, you're just given the tasting menu.
    All i have to say to you is I AM SO JEALOUS. I would love to go again.
    Best experience of my foodie life, without a doubt. Went to another three star michelin in London last month, and the Fat Duck beats it round the block, hands down.
    The restaurant itself is so special, really understated. The staff are great craic, once you let them know you're up for a bit of craic. The food is out of this world. The experience, which is what makes the whole thing so special, is unparalleled.
    Its SO much fun, it really is.
    Oh, go with the wine parings. My other half went for the cheaper of the two wine parings offered, and they absolutely transformed the dishes. Not, oh thats nice with that. More, oh my god, I can suddenly taste different elements of the dishes differently - totally heightening the foodie experience.
    ENJOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Went to another three star michelin in London last month

Ramsay's? You weren't too impressed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

My sister was there last year, she brought back the menu and I had a read of it. I really love cooking and food in general but I couldn't bring myself to pay that sort of money for food. However, she loved it, I think you go there for the experience rather than the taste of the food...snail porridge?? No thanks :) I think she likes bragging that she was there more than the taste of the actual food :D

But, I'm sure overall it will be a great experience, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I think you go there for the experience rather than the taste of the food...snail porridge?? No thanks

That's exactly what he talks about, I went to see him talking about food experience before and one of the things he talked about was the snail porridge.

he often names his food and people will have an image in their head, and he likes to turn the image around.
    Same with crab ice-cream, sounds wrong, but if it was a 'frozen crab bisque' most people wouldn't think about it.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/for-gods-sake-dont-burn-the-snail-porridge-20110314-1bukw.html
    "If I had called it a risotto of oats with a fricassee of snails and shaved fennel salad, it wouldn't get the attention," he says.

"But you call it snail porridge and people think snails are grey and gloopy and porridge is grey and gloopy - but put them together and, oh, my god!"

Advertisement