Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marlin .17 cleaning

Options
  • 28-02-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

my licence finally arrived today for my marlin .17:D but just wondering what cleaning do you recommend. the rifle was bought second but when i had my .22 i just used a bore snake whenever i thought it needed a clean will this do for the .17

cheers
    tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

Well the 17 is smaller so you might need a new one. Ive heard with the rim fires that you only clean the bore when accuracy starts to get bad. I agree to an extent because when i clean my 22 it shoots all over the place and it may take 20 - 30 to get it back to normal accuracy again after cleaning. Of course it could be differant with 17's because the barrel is smaller maybe it needs to be cleaned more often. I really don't know I never had one so I hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

i have the same gun and i only clean after about 500 shots or so and at that just run the bore snake through it once or twice and then take a few shots to dirty it up again. i find it shoots much better dirty. apart from that it gets an oil down on the outside if it gets wet and a light coat of oil if its not gonna be used for a while. good luck with it!

Advertisement