Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom netopia router/modem and Apple Time Capsule?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i have just bought the apple time capsule for backing up stuff but am afraid to connect it because I don't know anything about networks and I don't want to mess up the network as it is and lose internet connection etc.

I have 2 macs,wireless printer,playstation,Wii,windows PC ,laptop and iphones all working well off the eircom broadband netopia modem/router. I think that I would like to use the time capsules capability as a router because we dont get wireless signal everywhere in the house with the eircom router but I have no idea how to switch from one to the other without losing everything and I truthfully would have no idea how to correct the damage.

I'm sure that some of you have done exactly what I'd like to do and I was hoping that you might be able to help me out.

Thanks a million

Advertisement