Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The FA are idiots

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

they_took_our_jobs_tshirt-d235648038281095886yhmi_325.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

evillaugh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McCarthy's getting charged for headbutting Rooney's elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

United get away with everything bla bla bla bla and bla bla bla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

United get away with everything bla bla bla bla and bla bla bla

Do you think they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Can't really blame the FA on this one ref said he saw the incident and gave Wigan a free there is nothing else they can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya as Football 365 says, when Man Utd players elbow someone, the ref deals with it appropriately and gives them a hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

BrianJD wrote: »
    Stupid Rules is Stupid

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6785847,00.html

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

alex_ferguson_1382654c.jpg

Do you think they do?

Like EVERY OTHER CLUB they get decisions for and against.

This time went for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Oh good a 3rd thread for the outraged rabble to air their nonsensical views on poor Wayne.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Get over it.

I'm not really under it to be honest. Doesnt really bother me, i just thought as we were in a Soccer Forum, it was a story of interest that other members may have not have heard the story and that it may be of interest to them.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm not really under it to be honest. Doesnt really bother me, i just thought as we were in a Soccer Forum, it was a story of interest that other members may have not have heard the story and that it may be of interest to them.:confused:

I thought as much when I saw the angry faces and the "stupid rules are stupid" comment alright.:rolleyes:

The innocence of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Dont worry, this will be locked pretty soon as we all know you dont get away with criticising Utd. here even when its justified.

34hbd77.gif2qxxp3o.gifzjj6eh.gif

Where was the post-mortem on the other two?

Give me a break. All three are thuggish yet one is completely pounced upon because it's Wayne Rooney and Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

try open a thread that looks at the FA laws. Then there can be an actual discussion on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

And they all should be dealt with and not let away with it.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought as much when I saw the angry faces and the "stupid rules are stupid" comment alright.:rolleyes:

The innocence of it all.

I don't really care about Rooney getting off lightly. My issue is with the current rule being stupid and it probably won't change despite a player quite obviously getting away lightly in this situation.

I don't really care about Rooney getting off lightly. My issue is with the current rule being stupid and it probably won't change despite a player quite obviously getting away lightly in this situation.

I presume you then also set up thread for each and every single one just like this one ya?

To be fair, Gerrard should have received a knighthood for that elbow on Michael Brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope Waynes elbow is ok :(.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    To be fair, Gerrard should have received a knighthood for that elbow on Michael Brown.

Why? It was disgusting and he should have been banned for a long time for it.

The one on Welbeck was equally disgusting but what's worse is that Atwell bottled the decision and only gave a yellow card for it. How can an elbow be a yellow card? Surely it's a red card or no foul. If that was Cattermole or Barton they'd have been sent-off and banned for at least 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Le King wrote: »

Give me a break. All three are thuggish yet one is completely pounced upon because it's Wayne Rooney and Manchester United.

In fairness no disputing that they were two red cards and I remember everyone loving that he elbowed brown he was glorified for it that second is savage as well never saw that before should Definetly of been two reds. Then look at the red Defoe got for trying to head the ball against villa and it becomes really really laughable.

Edit by savage I mean wildly dangerous and not savage good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055855164&highlight=liverpool+portsmouth&page=7 Try giving the Pompey match thread a read. Pretty entertaining. A few people exposed for their hypocritical nature.

Paully D wrote: »
    Why? It was disgusting and he should have been banned for a long time for it.

Brown is a thug and one of the dirtiest players in the league, it was an absolute delight to see him get a taste of his own medicine. Haven't you ever heard of the saying two wrongs always make a right, without exception...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

MR NINE wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055855164&highlight=liverpool+portsmouth&page=7 Try giving the Pompey match thread a read. Pretty entertaining. A few people exposed for their hypocritical nature.

Strange thread. "Nando", Babel and "Aquaman" all scored in that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

alex_ferguson_1382654c.jpg

Brilliant.

Brown is a thug and one of the dirtiest players in the league, it was an absolute delight to see him get a taste of his own medicine. Haven't you ever heard of the saying two wrongs always make a right, without exception...?

Gerrard's not to far behind him then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

MR NINE wrote: »

What more would you expect from scum fans, the sun showed the world what they are like a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Calling the thread "Rooney gets away with it...." is only asking for a shitstorm. Clattenburg and the FA are the ones who should be coming in for all the stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Is anyone surprised. It's Manchester United and he's an England star what do you expect. One rule for them, one rule for everybody else.

I presume you then also set up thread for each and every single one just like this one ya?

TBH, I'd only seen the Rooney incident hence why i opened the thread about that one.

Mister men wrote: »
    Is anyone surprised. It's Manchester United and he's an England star what do you expect. One rule for them, one rule for everybody else.

But Gerrard is a mother teresa love child.

Get over yourself, your ABU posts are pathetic.

How do you explain Gerrard so?

Genius...

lol at you lot quoting him

its obvious what he's up to

• Advertisement

**bangs head against wall**

No its not, its one rule for everyone and that rule is wrong, is that really not getting through to people?.

Do you need to see the Gerrard elbow .gif's again? Scroll up there a small bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

What more would you expect from scum fans, the sun showed the world what they are like a few years ago

thats great and all, but WWMMRSD (what would macho man randy savage do?)

1187652_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Uh oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Why are you so intent on ignoring the fact that Gerrard got away with the same thing twice , once this season and once last, how is that one rule for manutd and one rule for everyone else, please explain or are you just a blinkered abu

Essien wrote: »
    Calling the thread "Rooney gets away with it...." is only asking for a shitstorm. Clattenburg and the FA are the ones who should be coming in for all the stick.

Okay, possible wrong title so I've changed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Already explained dozens of times why that post is so full of wrongness.

But Gerrard is a mother teresa love child.

Get over yourself, your ABU posts are pathetic.
    No Gerrard is a thug also, i've said that many times so your post is a bit silly really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You could give 5,000 examples, yet it doesn't change that Rooney should've been penalised with a ban for his individual offence.

Okay, possible wrong title so I've changed it.

Ah here, I wouldn't go that far :D

Why are you so intent on ignoring the fact that Gerrard got away with the same thing twice , once this season and once last, how is that one rule for manutd and one rule for everyone else, please explain or are you just a blinkered abu
    :confused: That was my first post in the thread, what are you on about.

Fellow Manchester United and England star Rio Ferdinand got a 4 game ban for an elbow/punch on Hull's Craig Fagan last year.

Further proof if ever it was needed that you really have no clue in general.

I find it pretty funny all the opposition fans screaming for blood and majority of utd fans wouldn't mind Rooney banned

lol at you lot just itching for a fight

No Gerrard is a thug also, i've said that many times so your post is a bit silly really.

Show me where you said it or else your post will look silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and the slow deterioration of the quality of the soccer forum and boards.ie in general marches on unchecked. (i am also aware of the irony of me just having posted spinning macho man... but its spinning macho man ffs! :pac: )

dfx- wrote: »
    You could give 5,000 examples, yet it doesn't change that Rooney should've been penalised with a ban for his individual offence.
    This

• Advertisement
Advertisement