Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The FA are idiots

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Headshot wrote: »
    lol at you lot quoting him

its obvious what he's up to

he's not smart enough to be a troll. Deluded is the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I find it pretty funny all the opposition fans screaming for blood and majority of utd fans wouldn't mind Rooney banned

I love it tbh

img_35.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

What more would you expect from scum fans, the sun showed the world what they are like a few years ago
    Disgusting comment. Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Fellow Manchester United and England star Rio Ferdinand got a 4 game ban for an elbow/punch on Hull's Craig Fagan last year.

Further proof if ever it was needed that you really have no clue in general.

Not at all Tom, further proof that it's only Man United players that go around elbowing people all the time, they're always at it, with their feckin' elbows, outrageous carry on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Le King wrote: »
    he's not smart enough to be a troll. Deluded is the word.
    Yawn. You know where the report button is if you think i'm trolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Perhaps it's time that victims of these assaults started reporting them to the police (who are bound to act) as The FA don't seem willing to hand out any sort of punishment to the offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Essien wrote: »
    Not at all Tom, further proof that it's only Man United players that go around elbowing people all the time, they're always at it, with their feckin' elbows, outrageous carry on!!

Legitimate tactic! The Rock practically built a career off a famous elbow, and he's generally regarded as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment.

Therefor, by a highly intelligent process of logical thinking, Wayne Rooney is THE most electrifying man in the Premier League.

Proof? He's been shocking for nearly a year now. Zing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

How many games did agger get for elbowing torres in the face a few weeks ago and how many outraged pool supporters here praised it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

How many games did agger get for elbowing torres in the face a few weeks ago and how many outraged pool supporters here praised it?

None and all of them. What do I win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I think a fuss is generally kicked up only when it involves a top 4 club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That was more of a forearm smash..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Paully D wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time that victims of these assaults started reporting them to the police (who are bound to act) as The FA don't seem willing to hand out any sort of punishment to the offenders.

For some reason I got bad boys tune going through my head

Bad boy bad boy
    Watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Rooney comes for you
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Legitimate tactic! The Rock practically built a career off a famous elbow, and he's generally regarded as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment.

Therefor, by a highly intelligent process of logical thinking, Wayne Rooney is THE most electrifying man in the Premier League.

Proof? He's been shocking for nearly a year now. Zing! :pac:

agree with all except rooney being the most electrifying man in the league

its CLEARLY eboue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Essien wrote: »
    None and all of them. What do I win?

My symphathies after ye lose tommorrow night:D;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I took out the 'Rooney is a lovely chap...' bit from the title as it was not helping.There is a issue here and feel free to discuss it but without the abuse and or trolling.

Dub13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

If you took that out of Rooney's game, would he still be the same player? Or does that cliche only work when players are playing well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any one gotta count on how many posts were dedicated to the Rooney alleged elbow incident?
    seeing as elbow was not mentioned in the report are we to assume it didn't happen offically?:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What an intelligent and insightful thread this one is........................Jesus wept!!

sos.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Good ol Clattenberg comes to uniteds rescue again:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Wow, inconsistency in soccer.. I've never seen that before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Legitimate tactic! The Rock practically built a career off a famous elbow, and he's generally regarded as the most electrifying man in all entertainment.

Someone needs to watch the great one's return again.

Finally the elbow has come back to McCarthy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yakult wrote: »
    Wow, inconsistency in soccer.. I've never seen that before.

If anything it's consistent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

baz2009 wrote: »
    If anything it's consistent..

On the pitch - inconsistent

Off the pitch - consistent

On the pitch - inconsistent

Off the pitch - consistent

Consistent inconsistency all round......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't like the fact that anybody can get away with something like that, but them's the rules! I'm all for introducing video technology, it can't come soon enough imo!

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't like the fact that anybody can get away with something like that, but them's the rules! I'm all for introducing video technology, it can't come soon enough imo!

Video technology as you said is a must,FIFA are so far behind other sports.
    Easy to have an offical watching TV coverage on the sideline and advising the referee on anything that happens.

What more would you expect from scum fans, the sun showed the world what they are like a few years ago

The most disgusting thing I've read on the SF in some time :(

Anyway, for the record I think the ref got it badly wrong. Highlights the inconsistancies in PL refereeing tbh.

Rooney's a lucky boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What I don't get is how the French FA could ban Evra aft the world cup? And what about that storm in a tea cup with Cantona? Banning him for a little dispute like that? Did they not realise who he plays for? Ferdinand banned for not being able to piss? Again do they not realise he is a Man Utd player?

I guess it's cause they are all foreigners. If any of them were Engerlish they'd have gotten away with it.......or not!

Silly FA rule enforced numerous times in the past suddenly= Man Utd favouritism/English bias.

Ludicrous of course, but it certainly makes for somewhat entertaining threads. Probably in the wrong forum though. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I find it pretty funny all the opposition fans screaming for blood and majority of utd fans wouldn't mind Rooney banned

lol at you lot just itching for a fight

Do you think Rooney should have received a ban?

What's he referring to here? I'm confused. Is "scum" referring to Liverpool or Utd? Is he referring to the suns involvement in the Hillsborough tragedy? Coz that would be very loose use of the term "a few years".

• Advertisement

MR NINE wrote: »
    Do you think Rooney should have received a ban?

Do i really need to answer that ?

fairly bloody obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Do i really need to answer that ?

fairly bloody obvious

No its not. I wouldn't have asked if it was obvious. Simple yes or no (you don't NEED to answer it). Just wondering.

MR NINE wrote: »
    No its not. I wouldn't have asked if it was obvious. Simple yes or no (you don't NEED to answer it). Just wondering.

yes or no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I thought because the ref never showed a yellow it meant it could be looked at again? And even though the ref did give a free for it what did he actually give the free for? This game is so stupid sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think on Gerrard, most Pool fans didn't take the bait on it.

Most of us agreed it was wrong and just ignored the usual haters. I'd advise United fans to do the same.

Though apparently, ignoring the haters means you are condoning what Gerrard did, so you can't win so just give up!

Think everybody agrees it's a stupid rule but they are the rules. Change it and apply for everybody.

It was Brown though so Gerrard gets more of a pass! :cool:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jesus Christ some people really need to get a life

How many threads were started when Gerrard elbowed the chap earlier this season and got no punishment?

kryogen wrote: »
    Jesus Christ some people really need to get a life

How many threads were started when Gerrard elbowed the chap earlier this season and got no punishment?

There was a fair bit of comment on it at the time, the usual "any other player wouldn't get away with this" type bull.

Another player did, Rooney!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

K-9 wrote: »
    There was a fair bit of comment on it at the time, the usual "any other player wouldn't get away with this" type bull.

Another player did, Rooney!

Not from me

Gerrard has gotten away with plenty, see the Brown incident, the Wellbeck incident (two most recent i can think of) but others get away with stuff too

Terry isnt above getting the soft treatment for example

Rooney generally doesnt actually get the soft treatment, he doesnt deserve it either, none of them do

Shearer threatened to never play for England again if the FA punished him over something once iirc. Bit of a hypocrite isnt he

Sorry, just hate Alan Shearer and couldnt let that opportunity pass me by

Remember when that chap vicously headbutted Shearer right in the foot, shameful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

How fkn old are ye guys eh? 12?
    Sorry but maybe I would actually
    like to discuss how someone can get away with this without witnessing a stupid utd v pool bickerfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Le King wrote: »
    34hbd77.gif2qxxp3o.gifzjj6eh.gif

Where was the post-mortem on the other two?

Give me a break. All three are thuggish yet one is completely pounced upon because it's Wayne Rooney and Manchester United.

Likewiswe ... where was the post mortem on Agger on Torres?

Boskowski wrote: »
    How fkn old are ye guys eh? 12?
    Sorry but maybe I would actually
    like to discuss how someone can get away with this without witnessing a stupid utd v pool bickerfest.

During the Summer you could have actually have a discussion on this, not that there is much up for discussion, when you take out the personalities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Howabout we just accept that everyone is a moron,

The fa are morons
    gerrard is clearly a moron
    rooney is a moron with weird sexual interests
    a cole is moron and an idiot with the intelligence of a squirrel
    jt is a moron and a arseface
    berba is a moron...cause he just is.
    fergie pays the refs and its all a conspiracy

Lets just accept that everyone in football is moronic and that everyone hates everyone else for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

McCarthy has just received a ban for head butten Rooneys elbow .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought as much when I saw the angry faces and the "stupid rules are stupid" comment alright.:rolleyes:

The innocence of it all.
    I saw it last night, if he done that in front of a Police officer he would be charged with ABH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I saw it last night, if he done that in front of a Police officer he would be charged with ABH

True .

Just seen a 2 page spread there on Ryan Giggs career .What a Pro !
    Competitive til the end but never over steps the line .
    Probably admired by all football fans ( some won't admit ;) ) .

Now putting the elbow aside ...

Comparing Rooney short career in comparison to Giggs , I'm gonna call it as it is .
    Rooney is a scumbag , fantastic talent , but a scumbag .
    No matter who you support ( but especially
    UTD for this incident ) , don't condone this behaviour . Should never be allowed or go unpunished if a Ref sees it or not.

My rant goes for all such elbows and dangerous tackles including the Gerrard and other videos posted on this thread .

M (lfc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Sweet jesus, that old chestnut!

It's really simple, he should have walked for it, making United's chances of winning a must win game so much harder and fot that unproffesionalism alone I would hope Fergie would have a stern word with him (along with his sideline argument with the gaffer, another offense I would hope Fergie would have a 'chat' with).
    The problem is solely with Clattenburg and the FA as their own rules block handcuff them to certain protocals and if Clattenburg says he seen the offence and gave the correct decision then nothing can be done about it. The difference with Rio's elbow last season was he stupidly done it off the ball and thus the ref could not have seen it and the FA did not even have to consult him on it.

Although I do agree with some posters, the rules have to be changed and the media and FA need to be just as outraged when its any player doing such silly things, not just Rooney. As a United supporter I have given up defenindg him, his attitude has stunk this season and I am beginning to care less and less if he returns to form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The rules have to change but they wont. The 4 british nations and the other lads from FIFA on the rules committee will always live in the dark ages. Its time to for clubs to leave FIFA and start a new governing body that is not future-phobia and all these clowns that are against modern advances to football can stick with FIFA and slowly die off or build a time machine and go back to the 70s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Nothing done about this either. Stranger still was the ref didn't even give a free kick even though he said he'd seen it.

Clattenburg made a massive mistake. Rooney did something reckless and stupid. Ferguson has embarrassed himself in dealing with it. The FA have made a mockery of fairness in the sport and should look at this incident next time they accuse someone of bringing the game into disrepute.

I think the only person coming out of this with any credibility is McCarthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Like EVERY OTHER CLUB they get decisions for and against.

This time went for us

+1000 to this. I just hate the brainless "everybody is against us" or "Club X get every decision in their favour" attitudes that so many fans have. You get some decisions, you don't get others. Deal with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement