Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not for Profit Launchpad

• 28-02-2011 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Ok I have a plan, and that plan is to create a not for profit web host using a Virtual Machine Silo in Iceland (ThorDC). Then I will put up some community tools and invite people to get not for profit ideas going. Then if these ideas need hosting then those that wish to support that will have to donate to the host specifying that the donation is to provide services for the project, this donation can be sent through any number of ways including ukash, paysafecard, visa, mastercard, paypal... The benefits for the not for profit idea is: The hosting is owned by the idea, not one of the people involved, for an idea to be accepted the rules governing who is in control will have to be layed down in a publicly available constitution like document. So it will be possible to have a democraticly run group that is not incorporated able to "own" a server/domain Iceland has a decent legal system when it comes to hosting publications in particular. Check out IMMI The entire thing can be run from China or Iran as we will provide many different secure ways to access the services such as i2p and tor. All "donations" can be made completely anonymous A ready made community to share experience and draw support I'm about 2 months from being able to get VM number 1 started and that will be running http://crowdleaks.org which is a site I do some work for. I'm also planning on hosting a multi user blog engine that will allow people to host their blogs without fear of getting taken down so long as they don't break the icelandic law or having their identity revealed. Several people have had their websites taken down for talking about wikileaks, hbgary etc. Does that work? Comments appreciated. Feel free to discuss any other related projects in this discussion. Also, if NPOs becomes my life, it will be an awesome life.

Advertisement