Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone experiencing water shortages in the city?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I'm living near enough Presentation school. We have hot water but the cold water tap hasn't been working in about 4 days, and when it does it's just a tiny drizzle. Anyone else having trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you ask the neighbours? Sounds odd to have problems now that's it's warm again.
    How are you supplied? If you have hot water is it heated in the house?
    Are all the taps the same drizzle? Did you check in the attic if water comes in to the expansion tank ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

biko wrote: »
    Did you ask the neighbours? Sounds odd to have problems now that's it's warm again.
    How are you supplied? If you have hot water is it heated in the house?
    Are all the taps the same drizzle? Did you check in the attic if water comes in to the expansion tank ok?

Was just wondering if it was the council being tight or an isolated problem. Taps upstairs and in the downstairs bathroom work fine, it's just the kitchen tap that's off. I wouldn't trust the bathroom tap water though so it is a bit of a nuisance. The hot water comes on with the immersion. You're right though it's easiest to just ask the neighbours, didn't even think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonnie1810

Hi
    Live around eyre street having the same problem.The bathrooms work fine but the cold tap in the kitchen has very low pressure! Just wondering would we contact the landlord or the county council about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

bonnie1810 wrote: »
    Hi
    Live around eyre street having the same problem.The bathrooms work fine but the cold tap in the kitchen has very low pressure! Just wondering would we contact the landlord or the county council about it?

County council I'd say.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Our neighbours have very kindly ignored their overflow pipe gushing out water 24 hours a day for the past 3 days. Maybe they'll finally get it fixed today but I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt! Fecking eejits! They just need a new ballcock (I assume, I dont know them at all).

• Advertisement
Advertisement