Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Alarm System - Error on Panel?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an old Aritech alarm system which is showing a yellow light beside the ! on the panel.

Any ideas what this is or how to clear it?

Alarm appears to be working fine.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

donal2000 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have an old Aritech alarm system which is showing a yellow light beside the ! on the panel.

Any ideas what this is or how to clear it?

Alarm appears to be working fine.

Cheers :)

This is a fault light. Does the alarm give any indication to the fault when you put in your code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Low battery.

How soon should the battery be replaced? Is it a difficult job to do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its only come up you should have a few weeks , but the sooner the better.
    Very easy to replace

Isolate the mains power from the panel
    Remove the 2 screws centre left & right
    Locate the battery at the base of the panel & remove the red & black (or blue) leads.
    Replace with a new battery taking care to observe the polarity Red to red & Black to Black (or blue)
    The alarm will ring , close up the lid & disarm with your code & re apply the mains power.

donal2000 wrote: »
    Low battery.

How soon should the battery be replaced? Is it a difficult job to do?

Thats the fault then :D

The battery you should get as a replacement is a 12v 7amp battery, The alarm will go for longer in the event of a power failure with this battery. If you check out the suppliers list here you may get a supplier of this battery close to you.

Thanks Koolkid and altor for the helpful info :)

• Advertisement

I have 2 more questions about this and was wondering if anyone can help:

(1) Does anyone know how to clear the log once the new battery is fitted or is there any need?
    I have gone through the options on the panel under the log but can't find any option to clear it.

(2) There is a fire alarm connected to the main alarm which is making a very faint noise every few mins. Is this because the alarm battery is low or does this require it's own battery to be replaced? I have opened it but can't seen anything anything that looks like a battery.

The system is an Aritech CS350.

Cheers :D

There is no need, it will flash up so you know what has happened on the alarm.
    The alarm should be powering the smoke detector. How old is the smoke alarm ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The log can be cleared from the Engineer menu .
    What sort of sound is the fire alarm making. If its a chirp about every minute then its the battery.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The lkog can be cleared from the Engineer menu .
    What sort of sound is the fire alarm making. If its a chirp about every minute then its the battery.

Thanks Koolkid :)

Only been on this forum a short time but very impressed with the very helpful and knowledgeable people on hand to help. Keep up the good work :D

Advertisement