Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a child takes hours to eat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

"Doctors differ, patients die!":)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kildrought wrote: »
    "Doctors differ, patients die!":)
    What's that supposed to mean?

It's an expression: two guaranteed facts if you like

doctors differ - i.e. disagree on diagnosis/treatment/cause
    patients die - self explanatory I think?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The only case where I have known this to happen (and this is only based on my personal experience) the child in question had 'borderline' autism.

In the two cases I know of, neither child has/had autism. Maybe 'waste away' is not a good description, but when a child hasn't gained a gram in 12 months despite growing over 10cm I don't know what is.

It's an expression: two guaranteed facts if you like

doctors differ - i.e. disagree on diagnosis/treatment/cause
    patients die - self explanatory I think?
    So the other doctor is?

The child in question i've been talking about has seen several doctors and there was no mental issues.
    All came to the same conclusion.
    Maybe its time to accept you were wrong with what you said that no healthy child will starve themself.
    The child was also assessed for autism so its not like people are in denial and afraid to think it may be a mental issue.

• Advertisement

Oh dear me.

You don't have to keep battering to prove yourself right or anyone else wrong you know!

It's rather like the 'rules' of spelling - 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' and a bright child promptly points out the word science contradicts the rule. They are quite correct, but that doesn't negate the usefulness of the rule!

Oh dear me.

You don't have to keep battering to prove yourself right or anyone else wrong you know!

It's rather like the 'rules' of spelling - 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' and a bright child promptly points out the word science contradicts the rule. They are quite correct, but that doesn't negate the usefulness of the rule!

I haven't battered anything.

You just mentioned something factually incorrect and have failed to acknowledge it because it seems you think you are still right.
    Fair enough. Go on and think i battered you. Not much help to the OP.

OP may i suggest a visit to your GP and your district health nurse.
    It doesn't mean your partners little girl is nuts, it just may mean you and your partner get some advice and help.
    Things have a habit of getting out of hand.
    Childhood is very short and none of us want to see it passing by our little ones with us getting annoyed over what should be a normal every day thing.

Best of Luck OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Kildrought and amiable, please take the bickering to PM and stop pulling the thread off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

Make her hungry!!!

Next time you want to feed her, bring her for a swim or a big long walk on a beach or just go to a playground for an hour AT DINNER TIME so when you she gets home shes starving. If you normally have dinner at 1 o'clock, then take her off when you would normally be sitting down to dinner. If you have her active for a couple of hours, when she would normally be eating, she will likely be starving by the time she gets home. Important not to even mention the meal or eating or anything connected to food.
    When you get home and start preparing dinner, that will help her hunger. It only has to work ONCE for you to realize that she will eat.

It worked for me by accident!(bad planning)

Advertisement