Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air walker in Waterville Park

Options
  • 28-02-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

This literally made me LOL when i seen it on saturday in Waterville. Theres one bin and not one single bench to sit on...yet theres an Air Walker ahahhaahaha! WTF?:D Oh theres also exercise bike things at the other end of the park. I cant decide if its the funniest thing ive ever seen or the most stupid.

008_6.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A whole park to walk through, and you're supplied with a means of walking nowhere? Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

This is a joke right ????:confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No, they have them in Millennium Park too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Oh dear god...now thats silly...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I know, its still cracking me up.That is the ideal spot for a lovely seat or picnic bench...but...no....we get a pointless thing like that. Think i might fire off an oul email to Burton herself and see what she thinks :D

• Advertisement

..and heres the "bikes"!!

The park is gorgeous...but theres absolutely nowhere to sit and admire the view unless you're exercising like a maniac on these yokes.Too funny! :D

017_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I use the ones the in the millennium park.
    They are placed around the 2K path at interviles, each one is designed to work a different set of muscles in a different way and the walk/jog in between them warms the body up and takes care of the cardio portion of the over all work out.
    By the way those aren't bikes they are Ab crunchers, which you'd know if you had of tried them :P

The millennium park only got seats outside the playground after a fine was challenged,
    so you are right to ring the parks section of Fingal and get on to the County Councillors.

Sharrow wrote: »
    By the way those aren't bikes they are Ab crunchers, which you'd know if you had of tried them :P
    I did actually for the craic :D but it just pained everywhere and wanted a sit down afterwards...but i couldnt haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mustang68

mustang68 wrote: »
    They are for the elderly and quite successful in other countries:
    Fair enough, but that air walker is lethal gettin on and off it...cant imagine my 84 y.o granny doin it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

anniehoo wrote: »
    I know, its still cracking me up.That is the ideal spot for a lovely seat or picnic bench...but...no....we get a pointless thing like that. Think i might fire off an oul email to Burton herself and see what she thinks :D

While your at it can you ask her why the road round teh back of the park has been closed off preventing local access to the village and forcing everybody through the worlds slowest junction over the bridge.

Have seen the air walker things before in the north in large forest parks..bit of a silly thing to have in a small park like that considering there are no picnic benches etc which would be much more useful but its the county council so common sense is always going to come a distant second to pointless money wasting.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    While your at it can you ask her why the road round teh back of the park has been closed off preventing local access to the village and forcing everybody through the worlds slowest junction over the bridge.
    Believe it or not i actually did, back in October. Her response:

"[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']I have been in contact with the Council and it seems that it was a condition, put in place by An Bord Pleanála when Waterville was being built, that this entrance would be closed to vehicles. This may cause some inconvenience to those living very close to the hospital.
    With the opening of the new hospital entrance on the N3 Navan Road it would be very convenient for traffic, including heavy goods vehicles, coming down Snugboro Road, to drive through Waterville and the hospital to gain easier access to the Navan Road. The closing of this entrance to vehicles will prevent this extra traffic from coming through both Waterville and the hospital. It could be very dangerous if the major traffic flows along the Snugborough Road were to be brought through Waterville and the Hospital."

[/FONT]
    It still doesnt make sense to me tbh as theres a main hopsital entrance off the N3 for ambulances etc. All it does is make it inconvenient for Waterville residents getting to and from the village.It was my short cut home everyday rather than wait at the lights at the top of the Blanch slip road. I thought there'd be a bigger fuss about it, but i havent heard of anyone complain it about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

anniehoo wrote: »

[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/I]It still doesnt make sense to me tbh as theres a main hopsital entrance off the N3 for ambulances etc. All it does is make it inconvenient for Waterville residents getting to and from the village.It was my short cut home everyday rather than wait at the lights at the top of the Blanch slip road. I thought there'd be a bigger fuss about it, but i havent heard of anyone complain it about it.

We did put up a fuss and do a lot of research into it at the time and the bottom line is that it's in the planning permission for Waterville that that would happen. So despite Waterville being sold as having access through the village on that route...it was always going to happen. There's a Connolly hospital thread on here with plenty of comments about it.

Advertisement