Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for best friends new baby

Options
  • 28-02-2011 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Im looking for some help for a gift. My best friend had a baby girl on Saturday and this is the first of my friends to have a little sprog so i am a little unsure on what to buy.

If anyone has any ideas that'd be great or even someone who has had kids what was the best present you got ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Ok, here is an idea. Why don't you go about filling a hamper of the "stuff" that first time parents forget about.

Bath sponge
    Baby soap
    Infacare
    Caldesine powder
    Talcum powder
    Nail scissors (rounded end)
    Soother clips
    Soothers
    Hats, gloves
    Sleep bags
    Sudo cream
    Calpol (six months plus only!!! :) )
    Wine

etc,etc,etc,etc....

Forget about the "really cute" outfit, they live in body suits for the first few weeks anyway.......

signed[/] Father of three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

mildews wrote: »
    Ok, here is an idea. Why don't you go about filling a hamper of the "stuff" that first time parents forget about.

Bath sponge
    Baby soap
    Infacare
    Caldesine powder
    Talcum powder
    Nail scissors (rounded end)
    Soother clips
    Soothers
    Hats, gloves
    Sleep bags
    Sudo cream
    Calpol (six months plus only!!! :) )
    Wine

etc,etc,etc,etc....

Forget about the "really cute" outfit, they live in body suits for the first few weeks anyway.......

signed[/] Father of three.

Thats a great idea and obviously very usefull, I'm gonna go out today and buy all that stuff instead of a silver hairbrush.

Cheers for the help

Advertisement