Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard, Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy - June 8th 02 Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Might go to this. Sort of gig where i'd hang back with a few beers and just enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,006 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Alice Cooper? Yes!

Thin Lizzy? Yes!

Def Leppard...:(

Why is there always one band I can't stand?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seems the whole tour is kicking off in Belfast, then Dublin & Download

Keep your eyes peeled out for a few warm up dates, no band ever starts a full World Tour without the odd warm up, and as the bands gear will all be in Ireland i can see it being a couple of nights in Dublin (Olympia maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Alice Cooper -Washed up, normally plays a really short set, not interested

Thin Lizzy - Not really, half the band is dead ffs shouldnt be allowed use the name

Def Leppard - meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Max Power1 wrote: »

:confused: he was playing 23 songs on his last tour according to recent setlists: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-cooper/2010/campo-pequeno-lisbon-portugal-2bd2a8ae.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

He put on a great show in Vicar Street the last time he was here, too. Far from washed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

ill be there, great value for once!

see yis at the bar....

Much prefer if it had been Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie together. No interest in seeing a Thin Lizzy tribute band and never really been a fan of Def Leppard, one of those bands I'd listen to but never go out of my way to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

IS Alice Cooper any good these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Def Leppard headlining Download festival, thats messed up i know the jammy beggars have one of the biggest selling albums ever off the back of the '80s stadium rock hair-metal craze.. but Download 2011 headliners :eek: really?! thats messed up. tbh i wouldn't piss on joe elliot the numerous times i've seen him in town, that'd amount to recognition. mistook him for brendan kilkenny a few times too

harsh star, harsh:)

harsh star, harsh:)

won't harm his bank account. there's a vid of him on the late late show early '90s appeared such an industry gimp condemning KLF for their statement of burning their album proceeds, i just think he's a sock

oh yeah! they burnt a million quid didn't they!

i tell yis stay off the gear, will ruin your decision making process!

oh yeah! they burnt a million quid didn't they!

i tell yis stay off the gear, will ruin your decision making process!

i would have thought they'd have horded their ill gotten gains for future heroin dependancy where is the evidence either Jimmy Cauty or Bill Drummond used heroin?!

hope you're being honest i just spent the last half hour trawling the net.. :(

oops! :o

throwaway comment, no idea what was going on with them, but hardly the act of a rational person now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

apparently it was an artist statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

got tickets to this ,mostly for alice cooper .didnt enjoy def lepard last time

ive never seen thin lizzy im sure ill enjoy them also good to see ricky warwick. wonder is he any good with the singin with lizzy

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Def Leppard headlining Download festival, thats messed up i know the jammy beggars have one of the biggest selling albums ever off the back of the '80s stadium rock hair-metal craze.. but Download 2011 headliners :eek: really?! thats messed up. tbh i wouldn't piss on joe elliot the numerous times i've seen him in town, that'd amount to recognition. mistook him for brendan kilkenny a few times too

id have to agree .

they certainly shouldnt be headlining download .

got tickets to this ,mostly for alice cooper .didnt enjoy def lepard last time

ive never seen thin lizzy im sure ill enjoy them also good to see ricky warwick. wonder is he any good with the singin with lizzy

I had major doubts when it was announced he was the new singer, i've always like Ricky Warwick, especially The Almighty, but didn't think he'd fit too well into Lizzy.

Been proved wrong though as all reports coming from the recent tour say he's been outstanding

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I had major doubts when it was announced he was the new singer, i've always like Ricky Warwick, especially The Almighty, but didn't think he'd fit too well into Lizzy.

Been proved wrong though as all reports coming from the recent tour say he's been outstanding

yea love the almighty,i heard he was ment to be pretty amazing too,but we'll have to wait and see.i just cant picture his voice in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Got my tickets the morning they came out :)!!

My sixth Def Leppard gig, should be a belter.

Saw Thin Lizzy a few weeks ago in The Olympia, AWESEOME. Rocky does an amazing job, fits in great.

Role on June!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Max Power1 wrote: »

Thin Lizzy - Not really, half the band is dead ffs shouldnt be allowed use the name

Def Leppard - meh

Alice Cooper has been putting on some cracking gigs over the last five years.

His current band are really good and at times add a great crunchy dimension, similar to the sound on his Brutal Planet album, to the sound of his 70's stuff, especially songs from Billion Dollar Babies and Killer

I have been to at least a dozen Alice Cooper gigs since the 80's (just a shame I was not around/too young for his amazing early to mid 70's shows) and his current set up comes close to anything he has done live.

KevLeppard wrote: »
    Got my tickets the morning they came out :)!!

My sixth Def Leppard gig, should be a belter.

Saw Thin Lizzy a few weeks ago in The Olympia, AWESEOME. Rocky does an amazing job, fits in great.

Role on June!!!:D:D

I knew Sly Stallone was desperate for work but come on........:rolleyes::P

scudzilla wrote: »
    I knew Sly Stallone was desperate for work but come on........:rolleyes::P

reminds me, Rocky George looked more like Apollo Creed

with regards to Def Leppard headlining Download 2011 on the friday, common sense has prevailed it'll be Russ Abbot Experience instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

ooh, completely forgot that Ricky Warwick is the singer for Lizzy now. Great stuff. Found Leppard quite boring the last time I saw them, but looking forward to Lizzy now & Alice Cooper. Won my tickets on Nova last week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

D.Q wrote: »
    me.
    I only want a big three myself TBH. Metallica can get stuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crystaljk

Oral Slang wrote: »
    ooh, completely forgot that Ricky Warwick is the singer for Lizzy now. Great stuff. Found Leppard quite boring the last time I saw them, but looking forward to Lizzy now & Alice Cooper. Won my tickets on Nova last week!

That's so lucky!!!! wish I could ever win something from Radio Nova! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Star Bingo wrote: »
    tbh i wouldn't piss on joe elliot the numerous times i've seen him in town, that'd amount to recognition.

Joe's a nice guy, it's a shame you seem to hate him so much

• Advertisement

Joe's a nice guy, it's a shame you seem to hate him so much

yes; nice. more than nice. nicey nice. agreeable. i've a feeling joey would bend over backwards sometimes, to suit his particular surroundings at a given time. the carry-on at the Hyde Park event last year where he wouldn't leave the stage was surprising; never expected such rock n roll antics but its what the majority in attendance wanted
    I bet that was a lame dust up.. Elliott is about as dangerous as TCP

i think i see why Danzig is propping up the friday's Download '11 bill that Def Leppard tops its likely a wall of slick visuals n top notch sound engineering from their Hysteria heyday which would obviously suit the headline slot.

Advertisement