Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard, Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy - June 8th 02 Arena

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Star Bingo wrote: »
    i think i see why Danzig is propping up the friday's Download '11 bill that Def Leppard tops its likely a wall of slick visuals n top notch sound engineering from their Hysteria heyday which would obviously suit the headline slot.
    Not that I'd have a hope in hell of getting to it anyway, but that Download line up is all a bit lightweight, isn't it?
    I just discovered from the advertising poster that there's a band called "The Devil Wears Prada"? Who thought that was a good idea? Like calling your new deathgrind band "Love, Actually"?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yeah it is. i dunno what the options are in this day n age; there's not even one old school thrash band listed thus far BFMV is the closest thing it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

thin lizzy without philo and gary moore are only a poor cover band

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dharn wrote: »

A cover band, yes, but poor??? Far from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

scudzilla wrote: »
    I had major doubts when it was announced he was the new singer, i've always like Ricky Warwick, especially The Almighty, but didn't think he'd fit too well into Lizzy.

Been proved wrong though as all reports coming from the recent tour say he's been outstanding
    yup the lizzy gig in olympia last month was brilliant. they put on an amazing show.

can't wait for this:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only 2 weeks away :D:D:D:D.

Then Joruney 3 days later :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

dharn wrote: »

As great as Gary Moore is/was, he wasn't anywhere near a major part of Thin Lizzy (what, one album isn't it? snowy white was there longer than that..), so I always have to stop and think when people say "half the band is dead" :confused:

Anyone know what times the show starts.

Will the show be over by 11.00pm.

Id imagine the show will be like this

7.00-7.40- Thin Lizzy
    8.00-9.00- Alice Cooper
    9.15-10.50- Def Leppard

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Whats the story with the Alice Cooper VIP package passes for sale? Would they be for just meet and greet Alice Cooper r could u stick around to meet Thin Lizzy and the mighty Leps??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

KevLeppard wrote: »
    Whats the story with the Alice Cooper VIP package passes for sale? Would they be for just meet and greet Alice Cooper r could u stick around to meet Thin Lizzy and the mighty Leps??

I'd say his people will have a seperate area where a M&G would be held. Would probably just be a fluke if you bumped into any other acts. $475 for a M&G though,OUCH!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Ah ok, if its just for Alice Cooper only think I will give it a skip.

Would be very tempted to cough up if it was for all 3 bands, altho it would probably mean having a few quiet weekends in!!!!

Wonder what Def Leppards set list will be like for the gig next week ??. With Def Leppards new live album Mirrorball to to be released this week. Will the set list be that album in its entirity with maybe 1 or 2 other songs.

Thin Lizzy will only get about 30-45 mins so will probly do the classics such as Boys are back in town, Emerald, Whiskey etc.

Alice Cooper will have a sort enough set probly 1 hour or so. He will probly do the Classics too such as Posion, Schools out etc

Looking forward to the gig coming up from Waterford to it on my own :( but :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

See this is a gig i wouldnt mind going to if it was near Cork -the thought of going up their getting hotel etc is awful cost me abt 200 yoyos:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only 2 weeks away :D:D:D:D.

Then Joruney 3 days later :D;)
    :eek::eek:

:eek::eek:

Bon Jovi than the 29th June.

Went to Rush already

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

I'm going to this gig alright. Can't wait. I love all three bands, although Def Leppard can be a little bit heavy on the ballads!!!!

I'm just wondering, will thin lizzy still have Scott Gorham when they play. If Gorham and Brian Downey are still in the band then I don't think anyone can call them a covers band.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Can't wait for this gig. Third time seeing Leppard!!

TheoBoone wrote: »
    I'm going to this gig alright. Can't wait. I love all three bands, although Def Leppard can be a little bit heavy on the ballads!!!!

I'm just wondering, will thin lizzy still have Scott Gorham when they play. If Gorham and Brian Downey are still in the band then I don't think anyone can call them a covers band.

Both Brian Downey and Scott Gorham are in the band as well as Darren Wharton. Thats 3 original members.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ah!! I r so excite! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

Both Brian Downey and Scott Gorham are in the band as well as Darren Wharton. Thats 3 original members.

Awesome!

• Advertisement

wonder will alice cooper have a full stage set up. if so lizzy's set would have to be cut short to set up the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

wonder will alice cooper have a full stage set up. if so lizzy's set would have to be cut short to set up the stage

Will the Coop make it at all?

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00413.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Well I for one am looking forward to the one band playing that really hasn't been mentioned...FM! Anyone remember them?

Skintwin wrote: »
    Well I for one am looking forward to the one band playing that really hasn't been mentioned...FM! Anyone remember them?

There on with Joruney and Foreginer dis day week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Bon Jovi than the 29th June.

Went to Rush already

I'm still thinkin about hittin Bon Jovi.......

you can see my line up for the month in my signature, and just added the Big4 at Sonisphere to the list...........so many bands I like hitting these shores the last few years I wouldn't like to add up how much I've spent on Gigs........I'm be killed by the missus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'm still thinkin about hittin Bon Jovi.......

you can see my line up for the month in my signature, and just added the Big4 at Sonisphere to the list...........so many bands I like hitting these shores the last few years I wouldn't like to add up how much I've spent on Gigs........I'm be killed by the missus :D

Ah just take a Super Injunction out, she'll never find out ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ah just take a Super Injunction out, she'll never find out ;):P

:D;)
    scud if I could affod a superinjunction I'd have no need to worry in the first place ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Just been watching the Theatre of Death 09 tour. Spectacular! If this tour is as awesome as that it may even surpass last year's KISS stage show. And y'all know how much I love KISS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

No, that's one original member.

• Advertisement

Gig is only 20.5 hours away from starting lol.

Coming up from Waterford to it (probly one of a few coming from Outside Dublin to the gig)

Advertisement