Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue on UPC

• 28-02-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

We got UPC 20Mb fiber-power broadband on Friday, due to constant issues with Eircom's 8Mb NGB package, but I've noticed a number of issues with UPC also.
    I'm using wi-fi and have noticed that quite often websites refuse to load. I generally use Google Chrome, and whenever this happens, it will simply say "Sending Request..." before failing to load the webpage. Once this goes away, it is quite common for the webpage to load but without proper formating.
    I've found it quite strange though, because the PS3 works just fine (and is in the same room, connected wirelessly) and suffers no issues, as well as Steam downloading games/updates without stopping, even though the webpages are failing to load.
    Can anyone suggest what the issue might be? Is there anything that needs to be changed in terms of router settings? I also had the same problems when the laptop was connected directly to the router. I'm using the Cisco 2425 (whichever router it is that they send out).

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

It could be interference from some were .Im on 20mb and tonight im just getting 1.92mb down upload fine think im suffering from congestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Greyian wrote: »
    I'm using the Cisco 2425 (whichever router it is that they send out).

That's probably a part of the problem, at least! When the pages refuse to load, can you access the Cisco itself (http://192.168.1.1/ or whatever it's configured as)?

Do you experience the problem if you use a wired/ethernet connection to the Cisco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

cgarvey wrote: »
    That's probably a part of the problem, at least! When the pages refuse to load, can you access the Cisco itself (http://192.168.1.1/ or whatever it's configured as)?

Do you experience the problem if you use a wired/ethernet connection to the Cisco?
    yea i can doh my download speed worser than my old eircom broadband dont know what causing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I can't connect to the internet at all, if you're on win7 what are the actual proper security keys to use? I'm using WPA-Personal and Encryption type TKIP.

How can I restore factory settings on the modem?

This is a pretty awful start to this service.

Have you tried a different browser?

Also try turning off IP flood detection in firewall options on the router page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

try following the instructions to change your dns server it might help..hope it does:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As per the post above I was wondering if you had run the Eircom set up disc originally as this seems to install dns settings. So check as per the post above.

Do you use the laptop to connect to any wifi elsewhere?

Advertisement