Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa to NZ?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend are looking to emmigrate next September and NZ is one of our options. I was looking on the Usit site and all they have is a 1 year working/holiday visa which will only allow us part-time work for a year. Thing is, we want to make a go of it and stay. Are there any other types of visas available or can we only just get the working/holiday visa? Ideally, I want to go over, settle in, get a full time job and stay.

We are also looking at Singapore as well but my big gripe with SG is that you pretty much have to have your job sorted before you go. It's so expensive to live there that if you didn't, your money would just disappear really quickly. That's why we're currently looking at different options and NZ popped into our heads. We're not interested in OZ at all but have heard NZ is supposed to be brilliant. Also, we both have family living there too.

Canada is also an option but I just checked and the visa is full up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Myself and a friend are looking to emmigrate next September and NZ is one of our options. I was looking on the Usit site and all they have is a 1 year working/holiday visa which will only allow us part-time work for a year. Thing is, we want to make a go of it and stay. Are there any other types of visas available or can we only just get the working/holiday visa? Ideally, I want to go over, settle in, get a full time job and stay.

where do you think you can get info on NZ visa's?
    We usually don't like these lazy visa questions, so go off an do some reading (hint: "new zealand visa") and come back when you have more specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Take a chill! I'm going into Usit tomorrow and I'll be asking them then, but I thought, U know wat? Maybe just maybe, I'll ask a question on boards.ie and someone might point me in the right direction. Someone might be able to help me out. I know the question is FAR TOO VAGUE for you, but we're not all experts on the matter. I would expect talk like that from a normal poster but not from a mod. Real sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Closed thread and warning given for telling us how to run the forum, if you are too lazy to search then we won't help

*sigh* All I am asking is to search the web and you'll find "http://www.immigration.govt.nz/"
    which lists all the answers you need ... but no you have to come on a forum and expect people to do it for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement