Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightime bottle for 15 month old

Options
  • 28-02-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Question for the more experienced parents :-)

I was just wondering how long did you keep the night time feed going for? When did you stop? Why? What's the thinking behind all this?

Is it good or bad that your toddle has a bottle before they go to paid?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

hi there , i never really had a prob with my two both were off bottles altogether at 11mths , is it during the night as in 3-4 in the morning , or before they go to bed at 7-8, or at 11-12 ? cos it makes a big difference for ye? if its the worst case 3-4 you have to get rid of that its just habit, water down the formula first and slowly over two weeks weaken it every night , it wont be nice to wake up for that and they will soon stop waking! it all depends on how well the babies feeding during the day, maybe try some more snacks between meals ,like a bannana or yogurt, they are all different but if a child over one is getting enough calcium through their daily intake, there is no need for bottles at night. mostly its for comfort so its up to ye really . my two are great grubbers so as soon as they went on solids i reduced their bottles .
    you could also transfer milk into feeding cup this can then change to water eventually , its all hit and miss!
    my first slept through the night at 4wks , my second at 9mths! i did nothing different just a different little personality thats all ! hope im some help to you , best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My son is 2 and he is still getting a bottle at night. I know I should stop but he seems really happy with it and doesn't wake as early in the morning as he is not hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Megan is 14 months almost and still has her bedtime boppy and morning boppy and she's happy to drink gallons of water during the day. I plan to start giving her her bedtime boppy much earlier in the evening in the run up to when I decide its time to start potty training her. This is my plan anyway!

I imagine she'll give up the boppy when she is ready, that's how it has worked with the rest of the feeds that she has stopped having. I was brought up having warm milk before bed so I'm sure Megan will continue to have that whether its from a bottle or a cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Once baby is eating enough solids at teatime and during the day, you could start reducing the bottle. Best way we did it was to reduce by an oz every so often until baby doesn't miss it....best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

do you mean a feed during the night or going to bed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Emma is 20 months now and still has a bottle last thing at night and first thing in the morning, we were humming and hawing over when to stop them but she's happy and healthy (she hasn't caught one cold during the cold snap and the only thing she's had different to us is her baba's) and we are going to keep the night time one going until before potty training and the morning one until she decides she doesn't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Sorry just the night time feed....

Advertisement