Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php problem any ideas?

Options
  • 28-02-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

posted this over on blacknight's forums, but maybe a boardsie has had a similar problem before.

ive tried several ways to access index.php from a browser.

i currently have index.html with a link to index.php on my site.
    ive added index.php to the top of the document order list, but no luck.

i can access index.html fine. when i try to access index.php i get an error message.

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

however, when i remove index.php, and click on the link to access index.php through index.html, the error message is different.

404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

php is enabled in my control panel on blacknight, and its preventing me from uploading any material for my site.

any ideas on why php is not loading for me at all?

thanks for any help ye can provide!

regards
    RM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

A 500 error usually means there's a code problem. Turn on error displaying to see what that says.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

You have two different issues here:

The 500 error is a problem with your php page, it's not working - the error logs will give you more details as to what the problem is
    and its preventing me from uploading any material for my site.

I've seen this a couple of times before; on the Control Panel->Web Space->WebSite Configuration-General Tab, you probably have PHP5 support as a CGI application, change it to "Run as an Apache module". This will allow you to upload files.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

I have the same problem except I use filezilla and can upload files perfectly. I have tried to get a log going to handle the errors but it won' display them.

I have changed the permissions and all but nothing - anyone know how to sort this?

Advertisement